Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Please! I need advise

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
Hey Everyone,

I just joined the board. I'm hoping someone can answer some questions.

I've been having upper middle back pain for several months now, at least 6 months. It's been somewhat tolerable. I mean nothing to cry over. It's a constant pressure, and I constantly feel like I have to pop my back to relieve the pressure, it wakes me up several times a night where i have to adjust myself. Stand up, stretch and then get a few more hours of sleep.
WEll the past few weeks it's gotten so bad. It's painful now, where I can't get comfortable, I'm losing sleep..there's so much pressure between my shoulder blades, and my right finger tips have been numb for about three days.
I can't get relief. I can't get the time off work to see a doctor unless it's urgent..

Has anyone else had this? Any idea of what it could be?

ANy input would be great..
Thanks so much!

• What you describe is how I felt before I learned that I had cervical problems - mine were severe muscle spasms.

I'm not a doctor and couldn't begin to diagnose you, but Paul is right. You really need to make time to see a doctor. I also agree - I would consider this urgent as well.

Please keep us posted.
  • Ide go and see a thoracic doc pretty Rikki Tikki
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• Well, how to begin this? I'm new. Guess you knew that. I have for the past several months been having neck pain that spread to my shoulders and now back. I believe my PT guy said my T5 - T6 were "out of wack". I've had a neck Xray that showed I have "Reverse Cervical Lordosis". This was after two months complaining of pain and being told I just had a Trap strain. I now feel as if I am going to grow wings and there is about a two inch spot right on my spine that makes me feel like there is a rusty, sharp hunting knife burried about 4". At my Sports Med Dr's office the resident told the Dr that it looked like there was "rotation" concerning my C-Spine. I cannot look up, my hands go numb for two hrs at a time probly 2 times a week, I look like a body builder (my traps) I'm 5'9, female, and used to weigh 120 until they put me on all these "nerve meds" and I have not been as active with my children. In one mo I have gained 25lbs and I have not changed my eatting habits at all. As a matter of fact I have hyperthyroidism and crazy metabolism. Now, my Primary Dr refuses to prescribe any pain meds (I can understand) BUT I printed off a list of non-narcotic drugs (tramadol?) and he told me that i would be on it forever because this problem would last forever. (hmmmfffpppppff) During my appts. I get to learn all about proper body mechanics and how to hold my kids. Okay......I know about proper mechs. and I am pretty close to running down the street screeming. I cannot even get him to do an MRI or even back XRAY!!!! My sports Med dr refered me to a physical Health Doc and my Primary Doc said not to go. he said she would probly just prescribe meds and if I took them I would not be a good moomy (his exact words). Now.....I can't get a straight answer from anyone! My neck hurts, my arms and hands go numb, my arm bones ache (the right side more than left), my shoulder blades are shot!, and I have the rusty knife in my back. Please Please...help!