Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in New Member Introductions
I am Ann I am from London UK.
I have had problems with my back since I was 20 Now 42 and it is getting worst. I am so glad to have found this forum, maybe I can pick up some advice.

• sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    Welcome to Spine Health. I hope you like it here as much as I do. It's helpful to have people to discuss problems with who really understand. I'm sure whatever questions you have someone here will have some information for you. Sorry you have had back problems for so long. Have you had an MRI or other tests?

• Hi :H
    Yes I had an MRI in 1998 it showed 2 of my disc had gone completely. up to now I could curl up and it would ease it off but since the last time my back went in to spasm i can't do this and I have really bad hip / pelvis pain since then, if I lift up my leg sitting also makes it worse it is like a constance stabbing pain. I have been on painkillers Tramocet and anti inflammatory s ketoprofen for about 11 years now. I have always coped before but it is getting so I am having trouble moving now :''( .
  • Hi Ann and Welcome to Spine-Health. I am glad you found this site and all the info, support and understanding that comes with it.

Sounds like it may be time for a new MRI. Did you do any treatments when you were originally told you had 2 bad discs? What levels are they? I am assuming they are in your lumbar by what you are describing.
  • we have quite a few members here from the uk. i understand that healthcare there can be quite different, but i urge you to start the process to begin treatment now for your spine.
  • I've had some neck problems mostly since my 20's also and I have minor scolosis but mostly cervical problems. Now I have a herniated L5-S1 for the past 14 months that is worse than the neck except the numbness in my arm. I asked my Dr for a MRI of the neck she told me to wait until I went to a Neuro and usually it's a 6-12 month wait for them where I am. It's seems to me if you're Dr is affiliated with a Neuro hospital they seem to have more pull and less time waiting. I'm 48 now and it seems like osteoarthritis is all over but I'll fight it all the way. Sorry to talk all about me but I can relate with the time of back pain like for 20 years. Have you had Mri yet? Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. there is no time like the present to start finding out what is wrong with your back. =D> good luck as you seek pain relief! :D Jenny :)
  • Welcome to this wonderful site. I too, am new here and it has been such a help to me.
    My pain Doc recomended a SCS implant and i found wonderful information from actual users. It has helped me make up my mind to go forward with the trial and hopefully on to the permanant implant.
    Good luck to you. I do prey you find help.
    Hugsssss >:D<
    Patsy W