Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Ankle and foot pain

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in New Member Introductions
I've have c4-5, c5-6, and c6-7 fused in my neck. I was in a car accident in 1984. Had c4-5 and c6-7 fused in 1987.
Had c5-6 fused in 1998 and plated.

Suffer from chronic pain.

Now I am having left foot pain. I had a mri done and the results read.

1. New focal thickening of the plantar tendon with adjacent edema. This may be due to direct trauma or plantar fasciitis.

2. New thickening and increased signal of the tibial newve with surrounding fluid. This is suspicious for truma or inflammation.

3. New thickening and increased T1 signal in the posterior tibial tendon consistent with tandinitis.

4. Edema of the lateral forefoot without evidence of underlying bony injury.

The pain started in my arch. Now I'm having pain across the front top of my foot where the leg bone and foot attach.
My little toe moves under the toe beside it when I try to bend my foot towards my head at my ankle. The left side of my foot hurts from my leg to my my toes. When I run my fingers across the top of my foot I get sensations that run down into my toes. Sometimes I wake up and my foot is asleep, but it actually feels kind of paralyzed.

I hope I did this right. I'm wondering if you can interrupt the MRI in language I can understand. Could this have anything to do with my neck problems?

• I am sorry that you are having this pain. I do not like reading posts and not responding once i open it. I have different leg and foot pain or sensations. Mine is from my lumbar issues. I have woken up and my right foot is actually cold and cannot warm on its own. Was worried and called my NS to no avail. Had my chiro appt on that same day and it got warmer on its own after i was adjusted. But i was told my ns's nurse that the problem was probably circulatory and not from my back since all my "normal symptoms" come from my left side not my right side. Sometimes the answers are not readily available. I hope when you finally find out from your physician you can get some answers. Sorry I couldnt be of more help.

• hi and welocome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i cannot help you with your report but we do share pain! ~X( good luck as you seek pain relief! :D Jenny :)