Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Successful Surgery (So Far!)

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hello Everyone! I came home last night after having been in the hospital for only 3 days. The surgeons said everything went very well.
The only real pain I'm having at the moment is from my hip, where they shaved my bone for the graft. (I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy)
I am taking percocet (10/325) every 3 hrs, Valium (5mg) every 4 hours, and Dilaudid for breakthrough pain.
I just wanted to post and let everyone know I'm home and ok. I'm going back to bed to HOPEFULLY find a comfortable position.
Hope everyone else is doing ok, and look forward to posting more again soon. (as soon as I can comfortably sit at this chair)

With Love, >:D< Kim

• Hi and welcome home after your surgery :)

It seems that quite a few people have pain from the bone harvest site, however for most it does subside quite quickly. Fortunately mine did too.

Remember, just take it real easy for these first few weeks, but come keep us posted with your progress every once in a while.

All the best... Bruce
    Keep positive!

...an old timer here and ex-moderator

• Hi Kim. I'm glad you're home and feeling good. Congratz!

• LizLiz Posts: 7,832

Good to see you home from hospital, wishing you a speedy recovery. Remember to take it careful

TC Liz

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • I am so glad that you came out of the surgery safely and successfully.

Thinking of you!

Wishing you a speedy and less painful recovery!
  • I am doing OK today. A little pain but nothing too terrible
    Take care and don't over do

• for all the support I have received. Not just from Spine-Health, but fom my wonderful family as well. Sometimes you don't really realize who you're friends are til you're put to the test. My husband has been WONDERFUL. He even moved our bed out the bedroom and is sleeping on the couch, so I can have my hospital bed in our room for comfort and privacy. :X
    My mom is doing all the cooking (even for Easter dinner), and told me not to even think of doing adishes or laundry. :jawdrop:
    My best friend (Punky)took time out of her day to help me take a much needed shower, braided my hair, and even massaged my legs for me! >:D<
    Thia is only the beginning of what everyone has been doing for me. I am a truly blessed person, bacause I not only have the best family in the world, but the BEST friends in Spine-Health, who are always here to listen, and always know just what to say. (even if it mayt not be what you think you need to hear)
    I'm still having the normal pain, but the meds seem to be controlling it fairly well.

With All My Love, (& I will post again soon soon w/ a more complete update from the foc),
    Kim >:D<
  • TThat you're back home and have such great support from family and friends. I wish you all the best and to keep on healing well. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • So glad to hear that your are home and that your surgery went well. It sounds like you have an awesome family and friends! I wish you a speedy and successful recovery. >:D<
  • I hope that you continue to do well. ;) It is great to have wonderful friends and family!!! How long were you suffering before having surgery? I am going on 3 years in september. Happy Easter!!!!!