Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Back from Laminectomy Surgery

GreyEagleGGreyEagle Posts: 350
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:30 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi everyone:

I had my C-3,C-4,C-4,C-5,C-6 Laminectomy Wed Morning. I came back home Saturday evening.

Thanks very much for all your prayers, good thoughts, etc. I had no nausea from the anesthesia. The only time I had nausea was some slight when I ate the first time. The hospital staff was fabulous in their care for me.

The second day I felt like my neck, shoulders, had been hit by a Mac Truck! Lol. I have lots of pain, lots of meds, lots of drowsiness.

I can't sit very long at a computer or anywhere. I'll be back when I can tolerate a bit more.

Ken GreyEagle
Greyeagle
advertisement

Comments

• Take it easy Ken, rest, rest and rest some more!
  • Glad to hear you're back. At least now you know that the pain will lessen over time, and no more damage is being done. Nice to hear of a good hospital experience with the staff, instead of horror stories. Take it easy, do what the dr ordered!

Hugs & Prayers for healing
    Maggie
  • I'm glad you're back and doing as well as expected. Take care now. I wish you all the best for your recovery. And a prayer from me also. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • It's fantastic to hear from you and see you are doing well.

"C"
  • Isn't it funny that after surgery you can't sit long at the computer but still do so so that you can tell us how you are? That means a lot to everyone here, thanks for easing everyone's minds and now go take care of yourself. We'll look forward to hearing from you again.
    Jay
  • Yay, I'm so glad that you're home and starting recovery. I've been thinking about you and hoping everything went well. Now we know!

It's been a long road for you and finally you can start healing. Take care of yourself and take it easy. Like Snapdragon said, rest, rest, rest, and when you're done with that, rest some more.

Cath
  • There will always be some struggles involved in recovery. I'm sure of that. Mine at the moment is I have not had a BM since Tues Night (before Surgery). I have hemorrhoids. I have passed gas. I finally toto some ExLax. 2 Yesterday (little chocolate bars) and 2 this morning.

So, we'll see what happens with that.

I need to go rest again.

lol.

Grey
    Greyeagle
  • Ken,
    Glad to see things went well. Hope to catch up with you when you are able too.

mark
  • I'm glad to hear you made it through your surgery okay, and I hope you have a complete recovery. Take it easy and get plenty of rest. As far as laxatives, if all else fails try Fleet suppositories; it's not good to get constipated post surgically. Eat food with plenty of fiber and you should be fine. Well, take care and let us know how you're doing.
  • Yeah, Exlax worked today. Nothing spectacular, but it worked. I've been in and out of consciousness all day. Lol. Laying on the bed with pillows propped up, watching tv.

Those meds work.

Zzzzzzzz

Ken
    Greyeagle
  • Feel better. So was this worse then hand surgery? I'm kidding I am sure it is, but I have to have both hand and neck surgery and I'm wondering. I did have hand surgery but hurt it at work and have to go again. How are you swallowing and feeling. I hope great because I need good news and wish you a speedy recovery!

Cindy
    Cindy
  • I'm glad to see you on here again!! I'm glad to hear that you are getting your ZZZZZs!
    Amy
  • Thanks so much everyone! You guys are wonderful!

I spent most of yesterday propped on pillows on the bed fading in and out of consciousness while watching DVD's or On Demand Movies or WWE Wrestling. Lol. Those meds can really knock ya off your feet!

I took my cane the other day and walked down to the creek. Really pretty down there!

Now if I can just remember to write down my questions for the next time I see my Doc I'll be doing good.

So far the pain I had in my left arm/elbow/hand has not diminished from what it was before surgery.

Ok, I need to stop now and rest.

Big group 'Hug' to all of you!

Ken GreyEagle
    Western Band Cherokee
    Greyeagle
  • sorry to bring up such an old thread but I'm due a cervical laminectomy on C2,C3,C4,C5,C6.C7 I had a cervical fusion on 5,6,7 and a lumbar laminectomy on L4-L5. How would you compare the healing time and pain with your cervical to lumbar laminectomy? Thanks
  • meant to say :But I'm Due a cervical" never mind I seen they had an edit button, lol.
advertisement