Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I don't know how I can get my NS to listen to me....

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
If I can't even get anyone on this forum to listen to me. Everyone fixates on one statement, and keeps trying to get you to relax about the one statement. I have tried to vent my frustrations, and share of myself, but I can't do it anymore. I wish everyone well, and a fast recovery, and a few of you that actually DID HEAR me, God bless.

• I am sorry you did not feel anyone was listening to you. Sometimes we get get so caught up in our own pain and issues that we tend not to listen well enough. What can we help you with??
  • I'm sorry you've been having a lot of pain despite your surgery last January. I know what you're going through because this happened to me twice. You will hear that healing will take time and that you'll experience ups and downs. My surgeon upped my Valium post surgically because of all the pain and muscle spasms. Perhaps you should consider going back on the percocets since you have all this pain going on. If you wean yourself cold turkey it will throw you into withdrawals and make a bad situation worse. What has the NS said so far about your case? I do hope he sends you for that CT or an MRI to make sure nothing new is going on. I had an open back TLIF and was told it would take up to 2 years to completely recover. However I developed scar tissue which is causing me a lot of pain. Well, I hope you're able to communicate with your NS so that the problems you're having can be addressed. PM me if you wish and I'll be happy to listen to you. Take care