Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Does anyone have any info/feedback on Laser Spine surgery?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,622
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:30 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I have a few issues with my neck and after 10 plus years am considering surgery. One of the options I am exploring is Laser Spine Surgey which is supposed to be some what new but revolutionary.
Does anyone have any experience or information with it they can share?
Thanks
Dan
advertisement

Comments

• I did a lot of research on Laser surgery, (we're not allowed to mention who?) My 3 level fusion was a work related injury, so I had to do what "they" told me to do, which was bassically "jump through their hoops for 2 years, and them do absolutely nothing, so the case would be dropped". There's a two year "statute of limitations" on a W/C injury. Well, I blew them out of the water, by going to my "own" insurance company through my hubby's employment after 1 year of W/C doctors not doing anything except ESI's, PT that ended up doing more damage, etc.... After going to MY OWN doctors, I had the 3 level fusion.. ok, I'm off topic here, sorry...

Back to the "Spinal Institute"... The price ticket on it was $60k, and a brief stay there, and I heard a lot of people say they had to go back in for a repeat, which you have to pay for again. Your personal insurance company will not pay for this, you have to pay for it yourself, and they're are no guarantees.

Look at it this way,... if the surgery worked as advertised, wouldn't there be a BUNCH of surgeons doing it this way?
  • My research and through info by friends/co-workers whom had it done would relate it to a temporary "fix", meaning it may last you a few months may last you a few years.

To me the price tag does not constitute it as worthwhile, and I don't forsee insurance ever picking it up.