Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

scheduled with shrink

dmoonchildddmoonchild Posts: 383
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in Depression and Coping
Well, Im at my wits end. Ive scheduled an appointment with apain phychologist. Ive found myself getting so depressed and crying all the time. I feel like such a disappointment to everyone and after my last PM Dr said " whne I first started seeing you you were working and dressed nice, and NOW look at you". He eally hurt me. I cant take it anymore. I hope she is not just another quack. ive had my fill of em. I want someone who will be compassionate and understanding.

• I am sorry that your PM doc said that to you. When he noticed a change in your appearance it should have been a red flag to him that you were depressed. Sometimes I just cant believe the stupidity of some doctors. If you haven't fired him you might want to consider it. I have dealt with depression for 13 years and I know what a battle it is. I hope you have good luck with the psychologist. If you dont hit it off with her dont be afraid to go elsewhere. I am the type of person that can tell after one visit if they are going to help me or hurt me. If you have any questions or just want to vent feel free to PM me anytime.

I hope all goes well for you with your first session.

Jacque >:D<
  • My surgeon sent me to a shrink on my last visit. I was pretty down in the dumps and angry. I went just to please him and it turned out to be a good thing for me. I wish I had gone a lot sooner. The shrink was great, he sees pain patients so he knew how to approach me. I hope your visit goes as well as mine. Give it a chance.

• I've been chasing demons for years. Your PM should have known better in his phrasing, etc, They are supposed to help, not hurt!

Of course your depressed! Who would not be? I am and I have something dangling right in front of my eyes. I know it is there, yet it is very hard to keep it in sight.

If this Pain shrink does not help, or feels wrong ask for a second referral! I hope you have lots to choose from and you find a good match right away!

Just keep putting focus on one thing at a time. It will get you through the day...Don't be afraid to ask for help.