Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Post op appt ACDF 2 weeks ago

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,662
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I finally got to see my incision!!!! The PA took off steri strips & removed sutures (2) today & it looks great! Maybe 1&1/2 inches. There is a tiny scab where the drain came out but other than that you can hardly see it. My doc did an awesome job. When he came in the room & looked at it he said "wow, you heal really well".

He is really happy with the fact that my neuro symptoms are so much better. He told me that he had not expected that my lower extremity symptoms would get better & that when he rounded on me the day after surgery he was really surprised when I told him my legs/feet were back to normal! At this point I still have some numbness & tingling but it is much better than it was.

I have to continue with the Miami J collar for 4 more wks but can remove it 3 times a day during meals & gently move my head around. As for the muscle pain, he is going to send me to PT for massage & ultrasound for now & after my next appt in 4 wks I can do exercises in PT. Unfortunately I can't get an appt to be assessed at PT for 2 wks. I have to go to a certain clinic due to my insurance. At my 6 week appt he will do x-rays & go over them with me.

Overall I am VERY happy with the way things are going. I never asked about returning to work but I assume it will be a wait & see thing.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

• I am happy for you! And it's good to hear success stories for those contemplating surgery or recovering from one.

Keep us posted! BTW, your scar does look awesome! In the photo, it looks almost invisible.
  • Thanks. I hope my success will help others that need this surgery. I know everyone here helped me so much. I was scared to death. Kattoo's questions were great as I was anxious about most of the same things.

I got a call today from PT & they can fit me in for an assessment on Monday. I am very thankful cause I need to get rid of some of this muscle pain before I can go back to work. I'm not going to rush that...my job is much too physical...but I do miss it. Hopefully, therapy will be helping by my 6 wk checkup.