Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

lumbar laser surgery

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
Newbie here, I had laser surgery on l4 an l5 2wks ago. the first few days I felt ok. than my left leg and foot felt like the sun was sitting on it. that pain eased up a little, but it's still bad. the ? that I have is how long until that goes away, and when do i get control over my right foot. does anyone know why both of my butt cheeks and down the outside of both my thighs hurt so bad, and when does that ease up?

• Have you called the doctor that did your procedure? I'm afraid very few of us on the board have had laser surgery. What did you have it done for? Were your disks ruptured or did you have stenosis?

It sounds like your pain is from a compressed nerve...but I know nothing about laser surgery or what the recovery is like. Sorry.

You mention your right foot -- do you have foot drop? Was it like this prior to the laser surgery?

Please call the clinic where you had this done and talk to them about the pain you are experiencing.
  • Yes the DR. said that the drop foot would go away in 2 wks. I had two herniated disc L4&L5 and degenertive disc disease and there was some ligament problems too, and something about s1. the pain and the drop foot is new. I had real bad groin pain and lighting bolts down my right leg B4. but I dont have the groin pain but, the pain on both sides of my thighs are rough.they say 2 wks but i haven't got much better.
  • Hi SkyDive,
    I had lumbar laser sugery in Jan.My first surgery.I'm in more pain now than before the surgery.I was in intense pain two days after but over time it did inproved some,but I'm still in more pain now than before.
    I have new pain all around my upper thighs and in my upper buttocks which started about six weeks or so after the surgery.The pain in my left leg has incresed and is more frequent.Same with my back.
    I'd contact the facility were you had your surgery.
    Best of luck...