Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

9 weeks post op cervical surgery

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi everyone, looking to whine I guess to people who have been there.(surgery feb 3) 9 weeks post op, C567 titanium cage, plate in front and the usual screws to hold it all in place. Miami J collar since feb 6the. No collar from the third till the 6th. Was told at 8 weeks to wear a medium foam collar but my neck goes completely red. Anyway thats not the problem. I can turn my head to the right but not to the left, burning in my neck if i look down, and burning in my left ear. Is this all normal for being this far along. Went to see the surgeon two weeks ago and he never even looked at me, talked to me, or asked me any questions. Looked at the xray, talked to the junior doc and left. Will it be okay if i dont wear collar. Experience is the best so i will wait for replies. Thanks everyone in advance.

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and asnwer what questions we can. i cannot help you with your problem, you might check the "Neck" forum for more info.. :D take good care of yourself!! maybe you need a change in doctors.. :-C i know that is difficult after surgery, but you need care and answers to your questions.. :? good luck as you seek pain relief! :D Jenny :)
  • Hi and welcome to spine-health. The collar depends on why the surgery was done in the first place. If you have a stablization issue it may not be ok to take the collar off. Now as far as your turning the neck, is that the side you had most of your issues on? Is it that you can't turn your neck cause it creates pain? Often times while wearing a collar or neck brace you muscles are going to tighten up and your range of motion is going to be less. You shouldn't have full range of motion while wearing those braces, if you do then they are not fitted correctly. When do you go back to see the doc? If i was you and getting this type of treatment and felt your questions weren't answered make a list of them a head of time and present to which ever doc sees you. Let him or her read the questions you have so you will get these answers. If you still don't get answers you can present to the office manager. Once again welcome to spine-health and look forward to reading more of your post.