Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I am scared and also need reccomedations of surgeones and hospitals us pref CA

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I have to have C3-4 4-5 5-6 fused with titanium or go on with pain killers at astronomical levels so any ideas of which hospitals/docs to call... greatly appreciated. also should i do the surgery they say my neck is just too instable imm 29 it was after an assault. doesnt show on normal mr but if my doc holds my head in front of portable xray and moves it you can just see everything slipping forward, this, well the pain it causes already made me leave med school in yr 3, but will it be better at least now i am not laying in bed screaming as i were a while, but i am consuming close to 500 mg oxycodne/day yes hundred...

I recall before i started strong opioids i was laying on the ground screaming untill i would pass out, and the same would happen when they tried to take me off them.. had never used strong opioids before. I think vicodin once when i was 15 or so, but thats it not a drinker or smoker

So any feelings esp of hospitals to call for a quote

if u have time email to johnlarsgard@yahoo.com

• Hi John. Welcome to Spine-Health. You'll find many supportive and wonderful people here. You can also find a lot of information and answers to questions on the SH site.

It's normal to be scared when you're going to have spine surgery, but really, it's not as bad as it sounds. Many of us here on Spine-Health have learned that the anticipation is often worse than the surgery itself.

That's a lot of meds your taking and I understand why you want to find a surgeon asap. Has your doc given you a referral or suggested a surgeon? I'm not in CA, so I can't help you there.

Take care and feel free to PM if you have questions or want to vent.
  • John this forum does not let us mention a Dr. by name or a Hospital. Not sure where in CA. you are? But you can check US News and World Report for top Hospital's in the Country. Look for Nuro Surgery or Spine Health. Most of the top ones will be the major teaching hospitals. They are not always the most warm and fuzzy as they see alot of people, but my experience is that is where you get the best and most up-to-date care.
  • I'm sorry you had to leave med school because of your pain. What did your MRI say? I don't live in the States but I think there is College of Physcians online for the States as well as where I live. Good luck. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN