Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Day 8 Post Op. ...Foraminotomy at L4-5 and S1,,,,

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
Well its day 8 after the foraminotomy at L4-5 and S1....I feel really good....been taking the Doc's orders very seriously, as I don't want to possibly have problems in the future that could have come from me being too eager to return to normal activities....I've been walking a 400 yrd. course 4 times a day very slowly....so far, no leg pain, and there's no way in hell I could have made these walks without at least moderate pain if not severe pain before this procedure. At times my leg does's "tingle", but the Doc says that's a very good sign that the nerves are regenerating...just once in a while I do have a slight "dull" feeling in my shin....but that seems to be subsiding also...but no more hip or foot pain. At the incision site it feels a little tight, but no big deal....I have not taken one pain med since leaving the hospital....Granted, it's exremely tough to do nothing, but my first post op. appt. is in 6 days, so I will "couch potato" it until then....will post after the post op appt. to let you all know what the Doc says

• I'm glad to hear you are doing well. I am new to this site and I am on the lookout for positive stories!

Your comment about not being able to walk very far without pain before your surgery made me smile - I know what you mean! I do my grocery shopping in record time these days, get in and get out! No stopping to compare prices, just keep moving as fast as I can! They sure don't design big stores to accomodate people with back problems do they?

Best wishes for your continued successful recovery.
  • I hope one day I'll have some relief from the leg pain. I hope your pain is gone forever! Thank goodness. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN