Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

more surgery after C3-7 posible?

AbbyAAbby Posts: 8
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi I had a 4 level cervical C3-7 with plate in front and fusion in back. Has anyone heard of having to have C1 or C2 worked on later. I am not accepting the surgery well I am 10 weeks post op. I don't like the way it feels. I just want someone to talk with who has gone through the same thing. Thank you.

• I am doing good if you want to talk PM me anytime. I am not sure what you mean by the way it feels I don't really feel anything strange from the surgery. I am 3 months post op and doing good....PM Me anytime!!
  • RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    I had a corpectomy, discectomy, multi-level fusion of C3 thru C6 with a strut, cage, plates, rods, and screws done both anterior and posterior. I am a little more than 18 months post-op and yes, we never feel really the same.
    I have also some degeneration between C7 & T1 so I'm sure down the road we will need to address that. Over a period of time after you are fused you may have heard of adjacent joint degeneration. It is very logical why this can occur as the joints next to the fusion have to flex more.
    Let me know if you have any other questions or just want to talk. Feel free to
    PM me anytime.
    Take Care,
  • I am three weeks post-op, and had a posterior laminoplasty on C3-C7. With a laminoplasty there is no implant fusion, but the recovery time seems to be longer, due to bone to bone fusion.

My pain levels have been pretty high - I noticed yesterday that the levels finally started to decrease - today has been better too.

I did have C3-C4 ACDF in 2005 - that was with titanium hardware, and more than likely that is why I had to have surgery again, as the hardware and fusion does put more stress on the adjacent disc's.

I hope that you feel better soon. I can't wait to drive again! I won't be able to until at least June 3rd, as I have to wear the hard collar for 6 more weeks. Ugh!

Gentle hugs,
  • MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,364
    You will find a lot of experience, strength, information and hope here.

I had a three level anterior that failed within the first year. About a year ago I had a four level with posterior rods and much much more!

We all now have good days and bad days, weeks, months, we try for progess not perfection.

10 weeks post op is the beginning of a journey ... avoid worrying about a second surgery till you know the status of your first ... have you fused? have you had a post op visit? What did you doc say? What does "not accepting the surgery well" Pain, Swelling, numbness?

We are here for you,

Spine-health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!