Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

med suggestions for muscles....

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I'm 11 months out..I've posted before that my back has recovered beautifully but I have not gotten rid of the butt muscles tightness. I've done PT and continute to see her for some trigger point massage. I do all my stretches and the PT core strengthening but my 4 mile walks are down to nothing. My right butt is tight-the spots kind of rotate. When I walk for more than 15 min. they tighten even more. I take 4 mg Valium am and pm as well as Motrin and Hydrocodone. I sleep alright but I'm not comfortable during the day. Does a PM doc help with this kind of thing? Anybody??

• Hi,
    I am 3 months post surgery and have been asking this. Yours has been a lot longer, I know. I feel like I have a brick in my middle lower back sometimes. Other times, it feels like I have bicycle handle bars going out both sides a little below my waist. It does bother me a lot. It doesn't usually bother me at night, if I take a vicodin in the evening, that keeps me comfortable.
    I am bothered during the day when I do too much, which is not much, believe me. Some days I do more than others and pay for it.

I cannot take muscle relaxants, either they make me totally wiped out or others make me stay awake at night. I do take an anxiety med once in a while. It helps sometimes.

I don't know what to do and I know compared to you, I am still early in the recovery time. I really hope it goes away for both of us.

I am only taking 1-2 vicodin each day and like you my actual back pain and leg weakness are better. This is so aggrivating.

I had two fusions L3-5 with rods and screws.