Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

how do we keep going

edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in Depression and Coping
Hi guys , been up all night in horrible pain again, my doctor told me I will not be able to ride my horse anymore so have to think about letting her go now, I went out yesterday and set a five gallon bucket beside her and climbed on and took my last ride, told her goodbye.. I geuss I will just have to accept the things that are and live with it. I try so hard to keep a good outlook but some days its just so hard.I have to think about everything I do know and it all revolves around my back.I am no longer the strong person i once was..

• that you will not be able to ride your horse anymore. I kind of felt that way when I had to give up running. This is a new journey in your life and you will have to find other things that you can do. Is it easy? No But can you do it? Yes. Some times our lives takes an unexpected turn and everything you knew is in the past and you have to reach out to find a new future. Hang in there and don't give up. I'll say a prayer for you.
  • im sorry you will have to let your horse go, you are obvi a good person who is thinking of your horse and not you ! put all the hurt energy into finding it a good home jan xxxx
  • I feel bad that you have to give up your horseriding.
    It is common for us to lose the ability to do what we love.

Sure seems that way. We can cope, it just takes time to find something to help us fill the empty space.

I hope you do so soon, hang in there.
  • I am sorry that you have to give up your horse and horse riding. Having spine issues brings all sorts of new challenges.

Being isolated, not working, dealing with pain, depending on other people, recovering from surgeries, etc.. can become overwhelming. I finally had to seek therapy to help me get through this rough patch of time. Don't hesitate to seek professional help if you need the extra, unbiased support. I like talking to my therapist because I can discuss my fears and the blues without overwhelming my husband, who is doing so much already.