Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

araineaaraine Posts: 151
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in Good News
Well, Miki called me the other day and it brought my attention to Spine Health once more. I thought that I should update everyone to let them know how things are going and where exactly I have been. I must admit, I have been avoiding spine health for some time, thinking that it would cause me to fall back into a depression. I decided to take control of my life, and instead of crying and dealing with my pain, I decided to do something about it. I joined a local gym, started working even harder at my physical therapy sessions, got a puppy, and a new job. There was a point in my life where I couldn't even sit for 15 minutes before I was crying in pain. But now, I am working a 40 hour week with no problems. I am a graphic designer/illustrator for a company called Signature Brands, which is a licensor of Betty Crocker, Cake Mate, Pumpkin Masters, PAAS kits, and much much more. I am finally happy with a career. I also have a beagle named Cassidy whom I love dearly and is my entire world! I am also getting married in December, and just cannot wait to spend the rest of my life with the man I have been with for 5 years. It has just come to my attention that in order to heal, your mind must want to heal, and if it does, then you are one step closer to managing your pain. Because I wanted to get better, I took action to get better, and now I can do things like walk 6 miles, volunteer at our local dog park, and even work a 40 hour job. I suggest that all of you keep your friends here at Spine Health close, but remember, there is a life out there, and I believe that you have to be truly happy with yourself and life to heal. You only live once, so do what you can to make things work! You may not live a pain free life, but at least you tried! I will always be around for emotional support, and to answer questions and help out, but I fear I must keep my attendance at a minimum, because I dont want to find myself sitting at the computer for hours pondering about things. The computer is evil! lol I hope that everyone is well, and to all of my closest friends, I wish you well and to keep in contact with me through other ways besides through here. And papa ron, you better keep and eye one everyone! :) Miss you all dearly...

On her way to a full recovery!

• i wish you the best of health, the best of life, and glad to hear of your recovery! good luck to you and your family!
  • LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    Hi Amber

Well done!

It is good to hear your latest life change, although I do chat to you from time to time, seeing it all there written I see you really have got a lot of positive things going on.

Good luck for the wedding
    I will keep in touch and have fun with Cassidy

Love Liz hugs xx

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery