Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

what do think about a daily diet blog

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in Diet, Nutrition, Weight Loss
hi everyone its been quite awhile from ive beeen on here,but im finding it really hard shifting the weight that my old friend lyrica has gave me lol,so i was thinking about starting a daily blog where others can drop in and give any advise and basically help keep me on the straight and narrow
what do you think?

• Sure I'm in. I'll try yet another time as I'm feeling a bit better maybe I'll get some more excercise now. I'm 215lbs and a size 1X.
    Before I was ill I was a extra-large and 40 lbs lighter.
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • hi!! :H you know i am with you all the way!! <:P i want to lose 10 more pounds for a very special occassion!! <:P we can all work together :D charry, good luck and hurray for going for it!! =D> Jenny :)
  • I have gained about 20 lbs since my 1st surgery on Dec. 31 2008 and 2nd surgery March 19, 2009. I need to lose 20 lbs fast! I can't fit into my clothes and I had bought some bigger clothes, but the aren't spring and summer clothes.

Anyway, good idea about a diet blog.

My first step is to drink diet soda instead of the real thing and then cut out a bunch of the junk food that I'm so used to eating. My second step is to decrease the amount of prednisone that I am taking (I have an appointment with my rheumy this Tuesday) because prednisone can make it impossible to lose weight and it puts weight in weird places.

Should I start my own blog so I don't sabotage yours or do you want other dieters to just share their progress and advice on your blog?
  • and anyone else who cares too, if you just want to add to my blog thats fine with me any advise is always welcome,i intend to start my blog tomorrow,ive managed to cut down to 75mg of lyrica aday although ive still have pain its managable.
    pepper sounds like a good idea with the soda
  • hello maybe the time will be right this time,who knows,but summer is coming and i want to get the weight around my middle off its too early for middle age spread isn t it im only 37,please tell me it is lol
  • pepper09, welcome and it is good to have you on board. =D> i have taken off 15 pounds and am aiming for 10 more. <:P good luck and let's just play it by ear. this is something new, the blog, so maybe we can all fit in and give support and yet help ourselves at the same time.. :D all th best! =D> Jenny :)
  • I plan on officially starting my diet tomorrow! It's Monday and I work so it will be a good day to start. Like I said before, I have at least 20 lbs to lose. I am already out of the regular soda that I drink and bought diet soda. Can't go without soda because I am addicted to the caffeine.

I am not going on a specific diet because I have learned throughout the years that you only gain it back. I'm just going to try to change my eating and exercising habits. The exercising will be hard since all I can do right now is walk, but that's a start :)

I am 41 and have never weighed this much besides being pregnant with my kids, but I always lost it right away. I have gained weight in my upper belly area and nothing looks good on me right now.

For those who are reading this post.....how did you gain weight? Was it just gaining like 5 lbs every year? In my case, I was gaining around 5 lbs a year and then with my first surgery a few months ago, I gained 15 lbs over night...I am not kidding lol. It was all fluid, but then as I stayed home to recover, I didn't lose anything....I probably lost all the fluid weight and then gained 15 lbs by just not exercising and I ate like crazy because I was so bored.

Benji - when you talk about the middle age spread - I swear that it happened to me over night a few months ago before my first surgery when I couldn't work out because of back problems. I was active up until then and had no problem with clothes not fitting. I am determined to lose it all though.
  • pepper09, hi!! :H i gained most of my weight from going on Lyrica. almost overnight i gained 20 pounds!! ~X( benji is fighting the Lyrica battle as well. i can only walk too but it is really a great exercise.. you can whittle your waist, firm your tummy and take off pounds. =D> you are so smart to be cutting back on the regular soda. it can add alot of calories every day!! i am not on a "diet" either. i am a vegetarian and cut back on bread and sweets when i can.. i also really watch my portion size! #:S what is your weakness? ~X( i turned 50 and really noticed a difference in the way my body responded. =)) everything from needing glasses to losing my behind! LOL! anyway, good luck as you start your new plan!! :D Jenny :)
  • I try to drink lots of water instead of fruit juices except real fruit. I'm cutting down on the diet pop also to 1-2 cans a day. And starting to excercise a bit more. I'm also being weaned off lyrica until next Friday and then started on Cymbalta for the nerve pain. Hopefully I'll lose weight getting off the Lyrica. I've never had prednisone only steroid injections. My Dr doesn't want me to have extra complications from prednisone. Benji yes it gets harder as you get older I'm 48 and it gets really hard to keep it off when you're older my birthday is on the 29th so I'd love to be in shape for 50 next year! I'm always all ears for new tips! Good luck also Jenny! Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
This discussion has been closed.