Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

8 days post plif ow ow ow

sagehenssagehen Posts: 221
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:30 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Just taking it easy, surgery was on the 10th,I came home on the 12th,surgery was 3 1/2 hours,(longer than I expected), but went well. Naturally,having lots of pain and holy cow, muscle spasms.Taking oxycontin and flexiril. It's been a good combination for me.I've been able to get some real sleep.How's everybody else doing out there? I'll be hangin around the house for awhile,but hope to feel well enough to plant a garden,(the end of May). Hope you're all doing well......thanks for listening....Sagehen
advertisement

Comments

• Keep taking it easy......sleep is so important! I bet you didn't get any sleep in the hospital - I sure didn't. I had muscle spasms for awhile but they eventually went away. What disc(s) did you have your plif on?
  • good morning pepper,
    i am doing ok today...so far. started walking yesterday and went back on my weight loss program today.You're right about no sleep in the hospital....but I have been getting good rest at home.
    How about you, I see you had a PLIF in December, how long before you were back on your feet? How are you doing now?
    The pain meds always decieve me,I tend to overdue, because I think I feel ok. I'm trying to hold back this time.Letting things just pile up, it will all still be there later. I quit my job, so I will have plenty of time to catch up after I'm healed up. It's going to be a beautiful day here ,so I am doing my walking and just hangin around outside. Hope you have a good day. Sagehen
  • If the muscle spasms keep up, I took valium which seems to be commonly given and only had two spasms the entire time.
  • My 2 level PLIF was two weeks ago. If I take my pain meds and valium regularly I am OK. If I get behind it is AWFUL. I am walking a lot. I sleep very well and quite a bit. Sorry if this part is "tmi" but the constipation thing is bad also. Not every day, just some. The TV and the cats are my companions when hubby is at work. I can't focus long enough yet to read a book. Hope all is well or improving with others! Kate
advertisement