April 24th I have an ACDF scheduled. The NS is deciding whether one or two level should be replaced. One week after that, my hubbie and I have a business trip planned, a trip planned months ago (tickets and reservations already made).
The weeklong trip is about 1,000+ miles, and 90+% of the mileage is very easy traveling (interstate highway through Wyoming, Nebraska and Kansas). The business trip for me is just, well, attending two parties where I'll just be standing or sitting around. (It's to support my husband's business interest). Other than that, it's just driving to the next location. I'll be in the passenger seat, of course. I'll have a hard collar on (for 8 weeks).
If the pain is too bad or I'm not feeling well, I can skip the events (although I'd rather not--the tickets are already paid for), and I can then just wait in the hotel room.
My husband is willing to cancel the trip and would cancel the trip in a heartbeat if I asked. But he's been looking forward to these events (me too) for so long, I don't want to cancel it.
Those of you who with experience, do this sound out of line or too much? I know each person and surgery is different so there's many answers.
(Okay, I admit, I want someone to say "it's okay, go for it!")
I look forward to reading any responses or ideas. Thank you!