Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New Here

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in New Member Introductions
Have been through 6 back surgeries most at L3/4, tons of therapy, working with PM, multitude of narcos, antidepressants, SCS implant and more. Worst part still in chronic pain in legs and lower back. Now considering fusing l4 to s1 to see if that is the answer. There is no more they can do for me at this point except narocos and injections which only supply minimal relief I have been at wits end for almost 10 years, also diagnosed with Fibro and of course 5 failed back surgeries. 6th was implant of SCS. So here Iam still looking for answers. Thats my story in a nut shell. had a 5 level discogram in one sitting at one point, I wouldnt recommend it to my worst enemy.

Still am,
Always will be,
Just me,
Doc 101

• I feel bad that you have gone through so much. Sounds like the next surgery being contemplated is quite involved. Can they fuse that many levels together? I hope they can figure something out for you. I was wondering how is the spinal cord stimulator working for you? I had my trial implant done, which helped some of my leg pain, but not my back pain. I recently just blew out another disc, so i am going to be seeing a surgeon again. I had a failed laminectomy, in fact the doctor apparently did surgery at the wrong level. But seeing as it didn't take much to cause that injury, it is now making me nervous to go forward with the implant, seeing as it seems like that just masks the pain versus cures the pain. I would appreciate any thoughts on the matter. Thanks.
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. you have certainly been through alot and then to still have pain!! ~X( i am so sorry for that!! good luck on your upcoming procedure! :D Jenny :)
  • That's rough you've been through so much. I hope you can meet the mods here and other members who've been through multi surgeries. Good luck and hope this surgery helps the pain lessen. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • You are right about it not helping back pain, it does next to nothing. But leg pain is a great plus, yes it does mask it and if you leave it off to long (a day or two) the pain comes back with a vengence. I leave mine on mostly all the time except at night. I find it keeps me awake at night just as much as the nerve pain. But is it worth the small amount of work to get it put in, in my opinion yes its well worth it. Hope that helps. With all the problems your having I really think you would be happy with it.
    Good luck