Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My Day Has Come

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in Pain Management
Hi everyone! I am new and posted in the intro section.
I had a fall at work and this has been ongoing since 10/07. The fought and dragged their feet and finally let me get surgery in 8/08. Well that did not work and I have extreme leg pain. Mainly right leg but left leg has it days as well.I have had ESI's, aquatic PT, TENS unit, land PT and nothing works.
My neurosurgeon sent me to Pain Clinic and I went and they discussed I was great candidate for SCS. So I did all of my research and read all I could to find out everything I could and thanks to all of you on the sights for all the great info you have provided and all the questions you have answered for me.
After all the red tape and hoop jumping I have been approved for the Trial. It is tomorrow April 20, 2009 and I am scared as well as excited. I am hoping for gret results. If I have it and can take pain meds and be 80% or more pain free I will be estatic. Then if it works I will ge tthe permanent one within 2-6 weeks. All is approved so we have to get through the trial and hope for the best. I am 38 and do not want to live in this pain the rest of my life.

• Sounds like you've done your homework and are all set!

Hope everything goes well and you get great results!

My permanent is set for may 4th! I can't wait, been a long time getting here!

Welcome to Spine-Health! Come back and post often!