Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Stiffness, and achiness when I first wake up in the morning

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in Lower Back Pain
I usually have achiness and stiffness when I first wake up in the morning. After I am up a bit, tends to go away after moving around a bit. I also do stretching exercises, and get on the eliptical exercise machine. Will this morning stiffness and achiness ever go away? :??

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,859

For a Spine-Health Site introduction, Click on :

Welcome To Spine-Health

If you have any questions, feel free to contact (PM) any one of the Moderators here Priestess , Bruce , Paulgla, DiLauro

The Spine-Health Web site offers so much more than these Member Forums.
    Check the various tabs at the top of the Spine-Health page and you will find so much that is offered here.

Please remember that all information you receive from members on this forum is NOT
    formal medical advise. You should always consult with your doctors.

To get back to the Forums, you can always click on Forum Home

Please feel free to contact me at rdilauro@gmail.com or send me a message
    Thats a hard question to answer. First of all, you need to figure out what is causing the morning stiffness. Many people with good spines have early morning stiffness.
    An approved exercise program potentially could reduce those morning pains. But still before you move in any direction, you need to identify what the problem is.
    Is it Muscular?
    Is it Disc related?
    Is it Nerve related

Have you seen any doctor on this situation. If so, what has been their recommendation
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • well I dont have the answer to your question but I am in the same boat right now. This morning was awful! Lets just hope it ends one day.
  • I have been doing stretching exercises, and get on the elipitcal machine. And this does help. Last year, was in physcial therapy, and had been up to Alaska Spine Institute for injections. That helped some but did not last. It was there, I found out about the herniated disc. My back tends to also bother me if I am doing something to where I might be bent over for a while, or if I am doing alot of getting up and down( on my knees then getting up) I do alot of that at work. The meds I take when back acts up are asprin or naproxin, a muscle relaxer, and or a pain med. And some days I am just fine. I tend to have more aches and stiffness than anything. My back doesn't spasm on me too much. Spasms are not fun! :''( But really appreciate the days when nothing hurts or aches! :)))
  • worth a read of the posts on there .i think that it is on chronic pain about 3 pages in .my pain is worse in the morning all i do is take my pain killers and put my acticare on {tens].i could not do exercise first thing in the morning .if you are well enough to use an elliptical trainer i would try swimming as well i would stay away from bending and stretching type exercising as you can over do it and hurt a dodgy back and need surgery .and you dont want to go there!
  • You should probably start by seeing a physician to diagnose the cause of your pain. According to our experience it is likely that you can benefit from a core muscles strengthening program (please check it out with your physician when he/she see you). Such exercises can be subscribed by a PT or taught at a Pilates class. You can also see such exercises in the Back2Yourself.com website.
    Core muscle strength exercise help build strong body around sound posture and therefore eliminate posture related pains (which are the major part of back pain).

Take Care

The writer is part of the Back2Yourself team providing core muscles strengthening programs, including progress tracking and professional support, over the internet
  • hi! :H perhaps you are looking at the beginnings of some arthritis. :? it would feel better after moving around a bit as you are doing.. talk to your doctor about such a possibility. :-C good luck and i hope you have this under control soon. :D Jenny :)
This discussion has been closed.