Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My MRI Results (Neck/Spine)

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi, long time reader of the forums, first time poster. I just got my MRI in from an accident I had. I'm wearing a brace on my neck, that covers my neck and upper back. Can anyone tell me how bad my situation is? according to the doctor, I don't need surgery, but it doesn't feel that way!
I'm only 22, so I'm hoping for the best.

here are my MRI Results :

MRI of the thoracic spine without contrast

1- Multiple compression fractures are identified in the thoracic spine involving the t1 through t6 vertebral bodies as well as t9. there is no significant retropulsion of fragments into the spinal canal

2- disruption of the interspinous ligament at t5 with post traumatic changes the soft tissues throughout the upper thoracic spine.

MRI of the cervical without contrast

1- edema in the region of the supraspinous ligament from c2 to c5
2- edema in the posterior paravertebral soft tissues from c7 to t3.
3 the previously described fracture of the left lamina at c5 is not well seen in the current examination.
4 mild discogenic disease at c5-c6 with a 2 mm left paracentral disc protrusion
5- compression fracture of the t4 vertebral body less than 25% height loss.

• What kind of a doctor "diagnosed" you (said you do not need surgery?) What does the doctor have you doing to recover from the accident?
  • a trauma doctor, and a orthopedic doctor. They just said i got lucky it didnt damage my spine, and its an 8 week heal time.
  • I hope you get a NeuroSurgeon consult as well. I can`t read your MRI but wish you get more Drs opinions as well as a referral to a Pain Management Dr. if you`re having pain. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN