Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What A Miracle the SCS trail is

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in Pain Management
Well, I got my trial done yesterday, April 20, 2009 at noon. Once I was finished and programmed I got up and walked out to the car. We then went to lunch, to Target, and finally came home. My back was sore, but the other pain was non-existent.
I came home and laid down and fell asleep at 8pm and slept until 11:30pm. I woke up, took meds, and went back to sleep until 10am this morning. That is the most sleep I have had in 1 1/2 years. I am still tired today and back is kinda sore but I know that will go away. I have mine in until Monday April 27th, 2009 so that is a week, then we discuss when to do the permanent.
With the SCS and my pain med I went from a 4-5 (which is where I got to with new pain meds) to a 1 with the 2 of them. I am so happy and excited that I found about this. The thing is I have to get used to the vibration/feeling of the SCS but that will come, too.
I truly wish everyone could have the same success that I have had with this. So, now i have something to look forward to and I can look forward to getting most of my life back which I can't wait for. Good Luck to all and I will let you guys know what happens at the removal. :D

• You will get used to the feeling in no time. Make sure during your trial that you play with the adjustments just so you can feel the difference. Many people have a tendency to keep it turned up too high during the trial and create muscle spasms. Also at some point turn the unit off for a bit. Using your trial to put the SCS through it's paces will pay off for you.

Good luck and enjoy.

• That's great that you are getting such good relief so quick! Listen to "C" she is the grand wizard of SCS here! Well, maybe not a wizard, but she is grand...

With the longer trials you can really get a handle on what it will allow you to do! My trial lasted 8 days and by the end I was so comfortable with it I was very sad to see it go, but I did need a shower, even the dog was wrinkling his nose =))

The last couple of days I did a very few things I had not dared do in years, a little work that was heavier than the restrictions allowed me, mine is/was cervical. I knew I would not really hurt myself, the lead might have migrated and I would have lost coverage maybe. I loved the results.

I am almost to my permanent placement date, May 4th it is!
    I will warn you that the break between trial and permanent can be just a bit uncomfortable. "C" tells me the pain takes a shower and a shave and comes back refreshed after the trial! I believe, my pain was a couple of notches worse for about 3 weeks after the end of the trial. It is worth it though!

I would allow the SCS to go back in, even if I knew it may only work for weeks or months. To me the break from the pain and being able to cut back on pain meds is worth it.

It may not work for everyone and may not work on all types of pain, but it worked on mine!!!

Hope you continue to get good coverage and YES, you will get used to the buzz, you'll miss it when it is gone!
  • Hi

Glad the SCS trial is being very postive for you. Yes, you will get used to the buzz - I have mine on 24/7 & have reduced my meds by a 3rd. My pain does remind me it is there if I do too much, but the relief when I pace is great. I have different programs & have different buzzes which I switch between so my pain doesn't get used to just one. I have 3 programs & one of them has 4 different areas it covers (for bad days), does drain the battery though.

I wouldn't be without mine & would go through the same process again for the relief I have had - even if it stopped working tomorrow (though it better not!!).

Please think about where they are going to put the battery before the surgery though - mine is not in a good spot & I am going to have it moved which is a pain.

Good Luck