Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

kyadog115kkyadog115 Posts: 266
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Saw Neuro yesterday.2 weeks since MD on L-5. He says I'm doing well. I told him the pain in my leg seems to be gone but It comes and goes at times. He says that's normal at this point. What's concerning me is my back is killing me. They found what they termed an "Anomoly: in my back. I guess it;s nerves and veins sort of attached to the spine,so they were not able to biopsy it..or actually didn't want to take the chance. I asked him if it could possibly be cancer and he thought not at this point. However,he wants to do more imaging in the upcoming months to "follow" it. If it gets larger in size than I guess they will eventually remove it surgically.This Neuro is somewhat conservative.....he said that himself to me. I am a bit disappointed because I do not want to have any more surgeries. I think while he was in there he should have done whatever it was that was needed then.
He's sending me to P/T and gave me Oxycontin 20mg 2x day and Oxycodone hcl 5 mg 6 x day for pain....at times it's excruciating,especially if I have to sit in a chair for long. Anyone ever have anything like this?

• I'm sorry you're having pain but may be on the mend. I bought a gel cushion with a cut out in the back. It's called a cocchyx cushion at a pretty good price online. When you sit down there's space so you're not on you're tailbone. Although I'm not sre if it'll help. I hope also you're anomoly doesn't get worse. Take care and Prayers. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Thanks for that info, and prayers......I pray it doesn't get worse either !