Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pain med question....

kyadog115kkyadog115 Posts: 266
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in Pain Medications
I've never posted here but have a question please.in Feb 08 I had a 3 level ACDF C3-6. During that time a spinal leak developed,then catheter broke off into my back ,2 emergency surgeries to locate and remove it.
NOw,8-0 I blew out the L-5 Disc. On 4-8-09 they did a Micro'd, but they found what they are callin an "Anomoly" in there. A series of entangled nerves and veins.I'm in a lot of pain.they gave me Oxycodone HCL 5 mg's and 20 mgs of Oxycontin...question.......Are the Oxy's fast acting or time released and are they stronger than hydrocodone 10/325?
I believe the oxycontin is time released..is this correct?

• Hi Paul,
    Have they mentioned arachnoiditis to you? You may want to do a search on that and do some reading.
    Yes, the Oxycontin is the time released medication and the oxycodone is the immediate release or commonly known as breakthrough or rescue pain medication.
    Hope that helps,
  • Thanks for that.No, they have not mentioned that to me. I'm going to look it up now as I do not know what that is.

• Sandy.

I did just read about that. It sounds like what I may have,however...they never mentioned this to me and I've never even heard of it. I have had stenosis and severe Degenerative disease for years. I let it go for so long that finally .as I stated, they had to do a 3 level ACDF with hardware. Perhaps this is the cause and subsequently the development of arachnoiditis? Possibly?

Thank You for the info