Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

something else can't be wrong

lulusheartllulusheart Posts: 4,273
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in Matters of the Heart
hi!! :H well, as some of you know i have been battling severe stomach pains and being sick to my stomach ALL the time for several months now.. ~X( so i made it to the doctor yesterday and have a ct scan coming up as well as bloodwork.. :-C i sure hope they find what is wrong. i am so down! :''( you would think the back and hip pain would be enough.. i really could use some support right now!!! feeling blue, #:S Jenny :)

• I'm bummed to hear that you are struggling with yet another issue. I hope the doc acts quickly to find out what the cause of your stomach pain is. We are always here for you.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,877
    and correct it.
    You surely dont need additional medical problems
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • It's got to be such a miserable feeling and I'm so sorry you're going through that. My thoughts are with you.

When are you getting your CT scan and bloodwork? I hope it's soon.

Take care Jenny and I'm sending you very gentle hugs.

>:D< >:D< >:D<
  • Keep your chin up, and be good to yourself. It's good you are getting it checked out. You have a lot to look forward to so keep us posted!--Mazy
  • I'm sorry you're dealing with stomach problems so long- it's miserable and problematic. I hope they figure out what's going on and I hope it's nothing serious. Hang in there sweetie and let us know how it goes. Take care >:D<
  • thank you all for your kindness and support. =D> i have the ct scan tomorrow and had my bloodwork today.. maybe by the middle of next week i will know what is wrong.. :? thank you all again. <:P i really needed to hear from some friends today! :D Jenny :)
  • jenny,il be thinking of you,hopefully it l just be an ulcer or something easily treated,there s always something with us spineys isn t there lol,ud think we d get a break now and again lol
  • Hope they find an answer for you soon!

Wow, insult to injury... I remember when spring used to be fun... What's up with that?

• Hi Jenny, :H

I hope your scan and bloodwork went well and didn't leave you in too much discomfort.

Stomach pain is miserable. :''(

Anxious to hear your results and your stomach pain gets corrected real soon for you.

You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Take care,

Tammy :H
  • wow! :O thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers! :D Jenny :)
  • Jenny,

I hope they find out what has been causing your stomach problems, and they get you fixed up quickly. I know that it is very difficult to be a spiney and have anything else on top of it to deal with at all. It can be very challenging to keep your spirits up, but it will help you heal better all together. I will pray for better days for you!!!

• I hope everything turns out alright and they find out what's going on. I wish you healing thoughts and will say a prayer for you. Chronic spine problems is taxing enough just to find out there's something else going on with your abdomen. I hope everything is okay with the test results. Charry >:D<
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Jenny,
    You are always so positive and supportive to each member, many times the first to greet a new member, so I'm glad you let us know you need some support. Stomach pain is miserable especially when compounded with your other pain and arthritis. I hope they get to the bottom of this and have you feeling better soon. Are you on arthritis meds? I know my mom took many and it messed her stomach up for awhile....good luck! I hope you feel better soon!

• thanks everyone for your kind words. <:P it appears that my gall bladder, liver and pancreas are swollen. :''( i will be going to a very good hospital where they will put a camera down my throat and if they can, cut the areas that are blocked. it is very small tubes which connect all these organs together.. ~X( anyway, atleast now i know why i feel so bad and what is going to happen.. thanks again eveyone!!! =D> Jenny :)
  • I am glad to hear you have a diagnosis and now know what has been causing your stomach problems. #:S

It sounds like you are in good hands with your doctor and the hospital you are going to.

Have they scheduled your surgery date and do you know how long you will be in the hospital?

I will be praying that this surgery provides you much needed relief.

Hugs to you... >:D< >:D< >:D<

• Tammy, your words of encouragement really lifted my spirits this morning! :X i don't know the date yet, the hospital will be calling me with the date within the next few days..this hospital also takes my medi-cal and that is such a relief as well!! :D hope you are doing well! your kindness always show itself Tammy! =D> thank you!!!! L, Jenny :)
  • I am glad I was able to lift your spirits this morning. You are always so friendly and bring many smiles to those of us on here. I thank you for that! :)

I put myself in your place and I'm sure you are a little worried about your upcoming surgery, but thank goodness your tests revealed what was wrong. Sometimes when the first round of tests don't reveal what the problems are... you have to wait and have more tests done. Ongoing stomach problems must be absolutely miserable for you and I am happy you have a diagnosis.

It's great that the hospital takes your medical insurance! Another positive! =D>

I was thinking about you yesterday. I either ate something that did not agree with me or had a 24 hour stomach bug. I was nauseous and vomited about 6 times. I was in soooo much pain. I could NOT hold down my pain meds and my antacids didn't touch calming my stomach down. I was an absolute mess. I wound up having to call my doctor (I did not want to go to the ER. but my back pain was getting that bad) and he called me in some anti-nausea suppositories. They worked, thank God. Between the nausea waves, throwing up and my tremendous back pain... it was a living nightmare. You have been experiencing the stomach problems for quite some time and I felt so bad for you! :''(

Please let us know when you are scheduled to go in and any other details you are given.

I sure hope you have something to calm your tummy down, in the meantime.

Hugs to you... >:D<

• I just came across this thread. sorry you are having other issues going on now. So is this camera down the throat thing like an endoscopy?

Feel better jenny.
    Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • jenny,

Sorry to read you are having issues. I been off the boards alot lately and just came across your post. I hope they do find what is wrong so you can get back on track. hopefully it won't be anything to serious and a short derailment for you. Take care and let us know how you are doing.
  • I'm glad you finally know what is making you feel so bad. I hope they get you scheduled so you can get this behind you and start feeling better soon! I wish you the best.

• As you can see by your post we all care and would like to know how things are going, we are all here thinking of you and keep the good vibes that everything will be ok going your way...
  • well, right now i am on a cocktail of benadryl and ativan to help with the nauseau. =D> of course i am allergic to anti-nauseau medication!! ~X( so even with my cocktail i am still sick to my stomach. on a diet of jello and popsicles and soup!! ginger ale and water make up my menu!! <:P fortunally my back pain meds help with the pains in my stomach!! =D> i am in bed most all of every day now and so that does not help my back any.. :''( well, enough of my life!!! =)) thank you all for taking the time to care and give me the support i could so use right now... :X it means alot to know there are spineys willing to show care and concern for me.. thank you all again! :D Jenny :)
  • Hi Jenny,

I know your surgery is scheduled tomorrow morning at 11:00am. #:S

Please know we'll be praying for you and hope the surgery goes very well. Make sure the hospital staff keeps you as comfortable as possible. I)

I'm sure you will be in some discomfort when you get home, so take it real easy!

Drop me a note when you can, so I know how you are doing.

Much love,

Tammy :H
  • well, i am awake finally! =)) the end result is i need to have my gallbladder taken out. ~X( they had alot of trouble putting me sleep which is can be attributed to using pain medication. i will need an anesthesiologist to have it taken out or they could have done it today!! i was glad i told them everything i was taking and they were so kind and good to me anyway!! :D thank you all for your care and concern!! :X now i am waiting for a date to get it out!! :D thank you all so much! Jenny :)
  • I hope the surgery goes well whenever it is. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Goodness... sorry to hear you have to wait again, but at least they found out what needs to be done.

Best wishes to you while you wait to get your surgery scheduled and I hope all goes well with the surgery.

Take good care of yourself.

• that its your gallbladder?

the only reason i ask is that when in her early stages of pregnancy with me, my mother was told she had a "gallbladder infection". :D

see what can happen if you let one of those go untreated for too long!!!! =)) =)) =)) =)) >:D< >:D<

you get ....ME! :D image:)" alt=">:)" height="20" /> O:) :$ :))(
  • Do you know yet when your surgery will be? I will be thinking of you. Gallbladder surgery is "routine" but as with any surgery there can be risks. Ask them to be sure to do a flush before they close you up so they are certain there are no leaks or anything like that. Many docs do this routinely, others feel it is a waste of time. Good luck with the surgery.

Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • hi! :H just alittle update on my surgery. :? had my EKG yesterday! so it is just waiting some more now.. thank you all for your support and prayers!! :D Jenny :)