Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Really Bad Day

dorset boyddorset boy Posts: 148
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in Spinal Injections
today!!!!, the 10 facet joint, 2 ganglain nerve blocks and the courdal epidural I had 5 weeks & 2 days ago have worn off today with no warning at all. I work up this morning, dragged myself out of bed & let the dog take me for a drag! mid way through and BANG! OMG !!!!I didn't do anything to agrivate it, I hunkered down to clip the dogs lead back on and when I straighted up slowly the lower back started hurting and it has gotten far worse as the morning has gone on - I now have sciatica down the back of my calves, but not as far as my feet yet!. I'm sitting at work ready to cry!. I have managed to wean my self off all my drugs in the last few weeks (apart from a little slug of oramorph at bedtime - can't sleep without it yet)and this is only the second time in 5 years I have felt well enough to do this. I know this was going to happen at some point but I was hoping to have managed another couple of weeks before this happened!! I won't get to speak to anyone from the pain clinic for another few months yet, don't have contact with the spinal surgeon any more as I was released from him over to the pain clinic and I am feeling really down as I know I probably won't get any further treatment until much later in the year (poss oct/nov time) - lack of surgeons/dr's at pain clinic and the general lack of funding from my health care trust and I can't afford to go private! I hate being a whinger but it's awfull to come down like this. Ian

• That sucks! So there's no way you can even contact the pain clinic for help?

Well whine all you need to. If nothing else, we can listen.

• All I can do is contact the pain clinic's secretary, who's attitude is "well what do you want me to do about it!" usually she says they are really busy and I will just have to wait my turn again. Over here they have targets to reach and they do everything in the order of time wise that people went onto their waiting list rather than in priority of actual pain & need!! I wouldn't (not shouldn't!) expect to hear from them again until my "6 month follow up" which is a short 5 minute telephone consultation rather than a face to face at the hospital (time & money !!!) I will contact my GP & let her know the situation & see if she can give them a push! Thanks for your reply,Ian
  • So,What's going on now with you? I haven't seen or heard anything about this in a month and was hoping that you are ok???