Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Phantom phone in pocket!!

doofddoof Posts: 131
In 2007 I had 2 laminectomies, the 2nd time round they also did a foramenectomy and discectomy (L4-5 and L5-S1), the symptons went away and all was well .............. until 6 months ago.

I now have loss of feeling in the other foot (left) with that dreadful sciatic pain in my calf and ankle. This time round things are slightly different though, I have hip/pelvis and groin pain, along with muscle spasms in my lower back and this strange phantom phone in my pocket!!

Several times I have reached into my pocket expecting my phone to be there as it feels like it is vibrating away but there is nothing there! Clearly my nerves are clanging away, it isn't painful just weird - has anyone else experienced this or have I just found a phone I hadn't realised I had lost?

• Nerve pain can show up in so many entertaining ways, can't it? In my case, on occasion I get a sudden feeling of warm liquid trickling down my leg. The first time it happened I thought I had wet my pants...I even felt my pants leg to see if it was damp. Luckily, it was not...so now I am more prepared when it happens, and I don't panic.

Sounds like something new has happened with the same disk or an adjacent one. The fun continues....
  • The first time I felt the Phantom Phone, I thought I was losing my mind (which would have been par for the course). Then, to my utter surprise, about 2 weeks after my first "call" from that phone, I was on this site, and don't you know - there was a whole thread dedicated to this very thing!

Could NOT believe my eyes. There were actually others getting calls too. I felt so relieved. I still don't know what it is (I keep forgetting to mention to my PM doc) but at least I know, I am not alone. That single thought is the best medication I have ever found.

And I get the wet pant leg feeling as well (gosh, now I'm starting to sound like a hypochondriac!), but I can't distinguish whether it is a cold wet feeling, or a hot wet feeling (such as spilling coffee).

Y'all take care!

• I have had that off and on for about 7 months I get the buzzing feeling and I also get a weird feeling of having pants on when i don't and most of the time it feels like i am standing on something right in the middle of the arch of my right foot , it's crazy to say I have gotten used to it by now . good luck to all
  • wow im not crazzzzzzzzzzzy lol I to have felt this many times. More when imk sitting down then ever. Ithough i was nuts the first time this happened ireached for my phone and could find it in front pocket looked in back and was like what the ----. My wife said whats wrong and i aid nothing thonking i was going nuts lol.
  • Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who is missing all these calls, however, I haven't had the wet leg feeling yet - guess I've got that to look forward to! I do get period pains in my bum though, I suppose they could be described as muscle spasms!!!

I'm off to see a different consultant at a different hospital next Tuesday, he's an army guy, I'm hoping he will recommend the firing squad to put me out of my misery!!

I'll try to remember to mention this sympton to him, along with all the others - I just feel like such a whinger though when I go through 'the ouch list'! I'll let you know what he says.

• I would suggest you write down your symptoms and take the list with you to your appointment. You want the doctor to know everything that's going on as each little piece of info means something.

If you run a search for a DERMATOME MAP, you will be able to see what parts of the body are innervated by which nerve. Your pain patterns are typical of L5 nerve issues.
  • hello hello me friend,
    ah im so sorry you not feeling good, i really didnt want to have to see your posts on here again i thought your days of pain were well and truely over.
    but then again can i claim back that line i once repeatidly said to you???..........""once a spiney always a spiney""????............i think thats what i said....now how many times have i told you the irish know best???LMAO!!! chat soon dofus miss you loads.

LOVE P
  • Yeah, yeah, Mrs P, you were right and I was wrong - make the most of it, you wont hear that again!!!

I've been to the hospital this morning and seen an army consultant :))) (very nice), he thinks my lower back may be collapsing - anyone for Jenga!!

I'm waiting for an mri scan, hopefully I should get that in 2-3 weeks ......... here we go again.

I'll be back on here every day again before you know it, I can feel restricted hours at work and sick leave coming (well they have forecast a good summer for this year).

Those of you that know me wont be surprised by flippant attitude towards this bit of news, deep down inside I'm terrified.

I'm going to do another post elsewhere, so don't think your going nuts if you read this again.