Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

1 Month Fusion Check Tommorow (ACDF 2 Lev)

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Tommorow I go to see the Neurosurgeon to look at 1 month xrays of my ACDF C5-C7. I'm pretty optimistic because I have been mostly pain free from the first week post-op.

Big Pluses
1.) I will have some idea how much longer Aspen Vista Collar will be on (I'm hoping only 4 more weeks as planned). :W

2.) Plus I get to start my strength therapy for weak left arm. I'm already doing three miles a day on treadmill for stamina.

3.) Also I'm going to get a definitive answer from NS on whether I can make June Disney trip or have to postpone until AUG or NOV. So far he say's "yes" but I have been polling my Spine-health and Disboard.com sites and everyone is advising me to delay trip, which is not what I want to hear.
:''( Waaaaaaaaaaaah

Anyway, tommorow is a milestone on road to recovery!

• I wish you well on your post-op appointment. Wow! You are having to wear your collar for a really long time! I had the same collar and it was no fun. My surgeon said that I could have it off at home for the most part at about 2 1/2 weeks after surgery. Sleeping is so much better without it! I'm sorry that you're having to wear it still.

I return to the doctor in 2 weeks for my 6-week follow-up. I am hoping he clears me to return to work after that.

Continue healing & let us know how it goes.

• Thanks Tina,

Yeah I don't get it. Me and you had the same surgery 3 days apart and you're already out of your collar. I have noticed on this site that different doctors handle post op procedures for same surgery differently. Some don't even issue a collar and others vary the time spent in one. Must be one of those differences in philosphy things.

I noticed you changed your pic. Your scar looks like it's healing well. Mine is about the same size, but on the other side. Anyway, thanks again.