Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My Update L5/S1 Mdiscectomy 4/23/09

WendeWWende Posts: 51
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Well the drugs must have been good for alittle while anyway. Now I have some strange sleeping habits. Surgery went good. Having a little trouble with blurry vision. Have some incision discomfort. And upon walking to the bathroom my tailbone (or whatever level is right at the beginning of your butt crack started to hurt a little stronger last night. The doctor went in and did a Microdiscectomy open to remove the parts of the L5/S1 disc that were pressing on my nerve. During my floor walk in the hospital was the first time I walked without a serious limp I could step on my whole left foot instead of walking on the outside of my foot every step i took and my toe was ok on the right foot. It was seriously pins and needles while I was waiting to go in. I don't know what I was soo worried about. I am glad I did this.

Thanks for everyones encouragement and well wishes in the old thread.

• LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    Hi Wende

I am glad it is all over, look forward to following your recovery.

Chat soon
    Liz xx hugs

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • Good news Wende...just because you're on the road to recovery don't forget us mere mortals in the chatroom.

Hurry back to the chatroom aswell as full fitness.

Your humour and compassion is sorely missed.
  • I feel great today. Not gonna over do anything just feeling real good. Glad I finally did this. It was long over due.
    Realized all that hurts is the incision site and I am pretty good feeling.
  • Keep up the good work!!! So glad that the nightmare is over.

Wishing you speedy pain-free recovery!!!
  • I been having some minor aches and pains. Like my neck is bothering me and shoulders. Thinking its from how they have you on the table during surgery. My incision site keeps pulling too. Thinking thats from the healing process. Everything for the most part is going great I think.
    Take care all.
  • I hope all goes well for your recovery. Take it easy. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN