Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

When is enough enough? Surgery was to get rid of my pain!

martyjommartyjo Posts: 57
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in Lower Back Pain
Hi, Well, here I am again posting. 15 months post L3-S1 fusion with iliac bone graft. I just can;'t get past the pain and spasms. By the end of the day, I'm hunched over, can;t straighten my back. Too much spasm. The pain in my lower back has be bewildered. Even with the pain meds and muscle relaxers, it comes right back.
I think I need a stronger pain med but I don't believe this far out from my surgery my doc will give it to me. I thought I'd be walking around and enjoying life. Instead, I have to take pain pills just to do normal daily living tasks. Maybe it;s my age I'm 59. This has been a nightmare. Any thoughts out there from anyone who's had this?

• i am really sorry about your pain my friend .i myself am still in considerable pain post operation {18 months now} my advice is to go to your doctor and tell him or her just how you are feeling {i did} and i have my pain medication sorted out.{previously my doctor sent me to see a so called pain consultant } with disastrous consequences the pain consultant was a pig and now has left his job with the health authority {i would like to think that i had something to do with that} any way back to you .you carnt be in so much pain not in this day and age you should go back and sort things out .good luck
  • I have this..I am three years post anterior double fusion L3-SI. I am in the same boat. Although some of the pain is gone, I also need medications just to do normal things. I am 47 and had to wait 14 years for Worker's Comp to approve surgery, mainly because the discs had ruptured. I just kept working with my provider to find a balance of medications that I could function on and not extreme doses.
    Hope it helps you feel better because you are definitely no alone.
  • I totally understand- I went through a fusion on L5-S1 10 months ago and it was my second back surgery. The first time around was a bust since I suffered a recurrent herniation among other problems. These two surgeries were supposed to make me feel a whole lot better and get me on my feet again. It didn't go that way in either case. I take strong medications to make the pain bearable. I hardly go anywhere and lie down all the time because it's the only position I can stand. I'm sorry you're going through this and I hope things get better for you. Take care
This discussion has been closed.