Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Got a date !!!!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,662
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
Hey guys thank you for all your support! As some of you know I went to go see a surgeon. Today in the mail was a letter from the hospital with a date for the pre admission appointment date and the date of my surgery and that is going to be on the 28th of may. I know this may sound crazy but I am excited about this. This gives me some hope that I may have a chance at my life back!! I have been in pain and alot of it like u all for a year now so to finally get here is very exciting to me!!!! He will be doing L5 L4 and L3. Spinal fusion. I have been doing alot of looking around tomarrow we are going to wally world and I am going to pick up some needle point and things like that to do to pass the time. I am going to the letter of the law on this one. I will not screw this up!!

OH happy day !!

• hi!! :H it is such a joy to have hope again! =D> you sound so excited!! you are smart to be preparing to do exactly what it takes to have a successful recovery!! :D good luck and keep us informed! Jenny :)
  • im happy that your so very happy :))( !! hope it all gos to plan >:D< jan xxx
  • LizLiz Posts: 7,832

I am glad for you, you have your date for surgery and you are going with a positive attitude.
    i wish you all the best and a speedy recovery after your fusion.
    Look forward to reading your update posts

TC Liz

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • I pray that your surgery will give you the healing that you need. Keep us posted
  • This all has been so helpfull to me and means the world I no longer feel alone. I am getting prepared for the house as well. My neighbor across the street has a hospital bed I will be able to use and a walker that my friends said that will help at first. Do you guys have anymore recomendations??

Donna thanks for your prayers I send some your way as well it sounds like you have been through the ringer as well. I guess we all have to stick together and be there for each other.

I love hearing from all of you and I hope you all are ok and let me know if you need me I am almost always online!
    Take care !
    I was thinking of framing my acceptance letter from the insurance company saying that they are alowwing the surgery to go through !!!!!
  • Congratulation on getting a date Lily! :D I felt the same way when I finally made up my mind to go ahead with the surgery....the day couldn't get here fast enough.

Have you seen the post-op must haves thread??? -It's a great list! For me the satin sheets were a MUST..along with a grabber & things to keep my mind busy.
  • Hi Lily-wish you all the best-not too long to wait-just enough time to get yourself prepared for after surgery.
    Hugs n' Loves
  • I'm happy for you. Having pain for a year or more is just wrong! but you tried everything else and it sounds like you need to be stabilized wih a fusion. Have you had any other surgeries laminectomy or anything? I wish you the best for your surgery and healing. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN