Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

pain pumps

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,899
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in Chronic Pain
hello everyone. i,ve been diag. with fbss,after a disc removel at l5/s1,i was needing advice on the long term treatment, whether to stay on oral medications, or to try the pain pump. i,m scaired that life is over,and i,m not sure which way to go. any info would be helpful. thank you
advertisement

Comments

• j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,728
    Hi quentin.35,
    I don't know what fbss stands for. But usually a pain pump is considered after a pm doc. can see that you will be in chronic pain indefinitely.
    I had one offered to me along with several different other options. And I decided against it.
    If I had it to do all over again. I would opt for the pain pump. You get pain relief without having to count pills and fight to refill prescriptions. And just the mental stigma of personally seeing and taking multiple prescriptions!
    Last month I took a Trip and forgot one of my prescriptions and had to rush home to avoid withdrawals.
    Good luck, Jim ....P.S. welcome to S-H.
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • Hey Jim:

I got stumped on that one too, but after reading the post,I think it may be Failed Back Surgery Syndrome?

Just a guess....
    :?

Jeaux ;)
This discussion has been closed.