Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My jewelry is in a art gallery!

• That's Great News, Indeed!

Yep - I have to stay busy too. But, if I do anything out of the ordinary which requires fine motor skills, my fingers hurt like the dickens the next day. But overall staying busy is therapeutic for me as well.

Gosh! I am very glad for you and proud of you!

• You are always so kind and supportive and I really appreciate you. I can relate to what you said too. My fingers are swelled up like fat sausages from making belts. But what a nice distraction it is...
    Faith M
  • Faith, what an awesome accomplishment!!! Even if you don't make a business out of it, your passion in art is being displayed in a gallery which is not an easy feat! (As a photographer, I've thought about trying to have my work displayed in a gallery but don't know that I have enough to do that properly. My work is all over the place, not enough photos in a particular subject.)

Congratulations! You're an inspiration to us all!
    Spiney hugs >:D< >:D<
  • good luck and i hope you can make a go of it as a small business!! =D> what a great way to be creative and still make a living!! :D thank you for sharing! =D> Jenny :)
  • It's really going pretty well with the jewelry. It's selling! I have not made a profit but I am able to support this hobby that I love. It keeps me happy and distracted from pain as I create and plan new designs. I also really enjoy the human contact as I visit the 2 stores. I've tried selling on the internet but at this point in my life the human contact is more important. I am happy I have found an activity that inspires me. I'm trying to focus on things I CAN do rather than the many things I can't. It's all about coping for me!
    Faith M
  • The art gallery owner invited me to teach a jewelry making class. Fantastic right? I couldn't give her an answer. I'm waiting to hear whether or not I need a shoulder surgery, I'm in tons of pain. I have 3 fused levels in my neck, could I really look look down for an hour and teach people with my knobby crooked fingers? I am so happy to be asked to teach! I was a preschool teacher in my former life. This is something I would love to do! But I don't feel like I can rely on my body right now. Makes me sad. I'm hoping that once the shoulder issue is resolved, my neck will feel a whole lot better too. Hopefully opportunity will sit on my doorstep and wait...

Faith M
  • Wow, that's definitely a great complement and testament to the quality of your work if they are asking for you to teach a class! I'm sure that your opportunity will still be available once your shoulder issue is fixed. Way to go!
  • Maybe you should check out some galleries and try to sell your photos. Some do charge a rent fee, which is why I'm not making any $. But for me it's not about money right now. And I've really met some great people along the way. You never know until you try!
  • That is great news! Well, the news about you being asked to teach, not the part about the pain.

Isn't is great when people still see the value in us, and can look passed the pain and "crooked knobby fingers" and see that we are worth something after all?

Is there a way you could "test the waters" so to speak? Maybe do a class and see how well you hold up?

I think this is great! I hope you are able to do it. But, you know yourself better than anyone - put you first. Don't do anything that would cause more harm to you. Congratulations again, though, on the prospect!

Take care, now - you hear?

• I am so pleased to have been asked to teach! The gallery owner wants the classes to be 2 1/2 hours long though. It has become a dream just out of reach... I'm going to talk to her about assisting or maybe I could help make up jewelry kits. The kits I could do in my home at my own pace, it's worth looking into. I'm not giving up on this idea yet! Thanks for cheering me on Jeaux.

Faith M
  • I am trying hard to do a bit of "living" outside of my home. I truly suffer and deteriorate when I lock myself away. I know many of us do. I battle every day to not let my disability steal my entire life from me! Yes it is a rollercoaster but like you said, a good one. It sure beats standing still!

Faith M
  • I don't know where your at but I think you should pick up a DownEast magazine. Places in Maine like Boothbay, Bar Harbor, Kennebunkport, etc. have TONS of little shops that you could sell your jewelry at.

Put together a PDF 'book' of pictures of your stuff to email them (after getting the ok first). You can also put them on a cd or even build a website (i'd be glad to help tho' i only build basic stuff) to help promote your wares & send out to prospective vendors.

Make some T-Shirts (graphics on both front & back) you can wear too with a big pic of some of your stuff & contact info so people can see what you have to offer!
  • That's a great idea Jim about a "book" of jewelry pic's! It would be great to have a cd of my work. I'm not so good on the computer but I'm sure my 17 year old son could help me. I appreciate your support and input. Thank you.
    Faith M