Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Microdiscectomy on May 5

DanDDan Posts: 12
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi everyone,

As some of you know I'm having a 2 level microdiscectomy L4-L5, L5-S1 done on May 5. I'm a bit nervous and scared but I think that is normal when having surgery and especially when it's my first one.I never thought I would be having back surgery at 17 years old. Pre-op is tomorrow, I'm leaving home at 4:30am since the hospital is almost 2 hours away, I'm already dreading the trip *shudders*. Anyways, I just thought I'd let you all know. Take care. -Dan

• Dan I wish you all the luck in the world. It will be a breeze over before you know it. I am thinking of you everyday as I recover from mine. Think positively it will all work out.
  • Dan,

All will be good. You are young and you are in our prays. Good luck tomorrow. :kiss:" alt=":kiss:" height="20" />
  • I'll be praying for you Dan. Please let us know how it goes & if you have any questions.
  • I wish you all the best too Dan. Bring your icepacks or heat and a pillow for your trip. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • well hello young dan!!

its been a long time since i chatted to you but i just dropped you a note to let you know im thinking off you over the next few days and i hope you drop us a line and let us know how you get on.....but i know youll be fine!!!!

LOVE P
  • LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    Hi Dan

Wishing you all the best for your surgery, you will be fine. Look forward to you getting back chatting with us again.

Liz TC

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • Dan..
    Best of luck ! I had it done on 4-8.it is nerve racking. You'll be fine...

• No pun intended.

:wink:" alt=":wink:" height="20" />

God bless you.

Cheers, Mate
  • Thank you all so much for your support. I think about all you guys who are going through this terrible pain, but you must never lose hope. I thought I was going to be in pain forever but when I woke up in recovery without sciatica I could not believe it, it was such a relief both physically and mentally. I'm at home now, 5 days post-op and I could not be better! my horrible leg pain is gone so is the back pain. Sometimes I a little bit of leg pain but my doctor said that it is normal and expected, so I'm not worried about that. I'm following the doc's rules, I'm taking short walks, taking all the meds and basically just thinking that after a few months I will be completely pain-free and be able to dance some salsa with Puertorican chicks LOL. Anyways, thank you all very much, I hope you all be pain-free soon and remember Don't Lose Hope.
  • LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    Hi Dan

Great to hear you are feeling so well after your surgery, it is good to have you back in the chat again.

Don't forget us when your off dancing.

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • hi dan, its great to hear surgery went well for you. i hope you have a speedy recovery and heal up fast. take care ....m
  • I knew you would feel great after your surgery. I am so glad to hear that you are on the road of recovery. Keep us posted on your progress.

Take care of yourself.
  • Dan,

I am so happy to hear that your surgery has gone so well for you! We all keep saying that Dan is way too young to have to deal with all this stuff. It makes us all so happy that the surgery and recovery are both going so well for you!! We love to hear positive news! I hope that you continue to make great strides with your recovery!!

You give us all great hope!!

• Dan it was so nice to talk to you in chat last evening. Great to hear you are doing so well.