Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi forgot to do this when I joined so here it is

vgearshiftervvgearshifter Posts: 107
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in New Member Introductions
I joined four weeks ago and forgot to introduce myself so here goes.

I am 38, female and had a car accident last year in March 2008. Since then (which has taken almost a year to find out) I have found out that I have multiple herniations and DDD.

C-spine mri:
At C5-6 and C6-7 small posterior osteochondral bars are noted which efface the subarachnoid space and abut but do not significantly compress the ventral cord. No significant spinal stenosis. All remaining disc levels are normal.

Mid and Lumbar mri:
T10-11: DDD with disc height loss. A small left paracentral disc protrusion without cord contact.
T11-12: DDD with disc height loss. A moderate right subarticular disc protrusion indents the dural sac and displaces the exiting T11 root.
L3-4: Mild facet degeneration.
L5-S1: DDD with disc desiccation, height loss and fatty endplate marrow change. A large central disc extrusion with superior extension indents the dural sac and contacts the descending S1 roots.

I also have a large partial thickness undersurface tear involving the distal supraspinatus tendon, measuring 1.3AP x 0.6TR cm. Which as of a week ago I was told by emergency doctor that it has torn more just from me trying to sleep or do physical therapy.

As for the c-spine doctors have no intention on doing anything to help me. They say it will just cause some stiffness and that is all. For the rest of all this I am waiting to see another doctor.

My name is Candy and nice to meet you all.

Bye for now,

• welcome candy ..oh hang on you been in here longer than me !!!! =))
  • MRS JAN said:
    welcome candy ..oh hang on you been in here longer than me !!!! =))
    Thank you Mrs Jan. Hope they figure out what to do for you. Good luck. I have been in here longer then you but forgot to introduce myself.. lol
  • LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    Hi Candy

I know we chat everyday, but I am still going to welcome you lol.
    I appreciate your support and humour in chat.
    I hope your new doctor can help you soon.

Liz tc

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what quesstions we can. good luck as you seek pain relief! :D glad you stopped by! Jenny :)
  • Yes we chat everyday almost and I appreciate you welcoming me. I enjoy our chats. Thank you about the new doctor and I hope he can do something for me not like the other idiot doctor. Take care Liz.

• Thanks for welcoming me Jenny. So far this has been very helpful and the people on it for me.
  • RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    Hey Candy,
    Have you been here a while? Do I know you from chat? LOL
    In all seriousness, welcome to S-H, I hope you enjoy this site as much as myself and many others do.
    Take care,
  • Welcome to the forum. I hope the Drs have some course of treatment for your back. Are you seeing a Pain Management Dr yet? I have some issues with the L5-S1 also and epidurals have helped the leg pain about 40% for me. Are you having leg pain also? I hope you get some treatment soon for your back. The waiting time anywhere seems way too long. I'm waiting for a NeuroSurgeon appt. after seeing 2 Orthos who said I don't need surgery. I think it's important to get 2nd opinions but at this rate I'm not so sure anymore. Anyway welcome here and take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • No we don't know each other lol (kidding). Thank you for welcoming me and I have had some help from the great people on this site.
    Take care,
  • i hope that you will find support and friendship here .we are a good bunch and between us we have a great amount of knowledge and experience
  • I hope the doctors help you soon too. I am not seeing a Pain Management Dr yet. I am having leg pain at first it was in the left and now it is going down the right. I was told by my family doctor that I need something done for my back but the surgeon he sent me to wouldn't do anything for me. I am hoping the new ortho next week will do something for me. Otherwise the only thing being done is the ESI shots and I had to demand them from that surgeon who wouldn't do anything for me. He was even rude about do that and said that Dr. Cooke probably wouldn't help me either. I don't know how these guys get into the business if they suck at even being polite to patients. Good luck with you NS. We have met on my other post in DDD.
    Take care,
  • Glad to met you Straker and thank you.
  • and welcome! It's good to know you.
  • It is good to know you too :)

Take care,
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,832

For a Spine-Health Site introduction, Click on :

Welcome To Spine-Health

If you have any questions, feel free to contact (PM) any one of the Moderators here Priestess , Bruce , Paulgla, DiLauro

The Spine-Health Web site offers so much more than these Member Forums.
    Check the various tabs at the top of the Spine-Health page and you will find so much that is offered here.

Please remember that all information you receive from members on this forum is NOT
    formal medical advise. You should always consult with your doctors.

To get back to the Forums, you can always click on Forum Home

Please feel free to contact me at rdilauro@gmail.com or send me a message
    I guess you can tell by now, that there are so many members here that are always there to welcome new members and provide some level of assistance. Be it medically, emotionally, or for place to chat a bit and forget about some of your medical problems.
    Reading your post, I did not see that your doctors have recommended any surgery. So hopefully, they have you on some type of conservative treatments to help manage your pain and discomfort
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Thank you for the welcome Ron. Yes there is a lot of very nice people on Spine-health. My doctors are not doing anything right now for me. They are not giving me pain meds and have stopped my physical therapy till I see new doctor. I am hoping the new Orthopedic doctor on Tuesday next week will help me to at least do surgery to repair my right shoulder. As for the back I have been told he will refer me to a neuro surgeon and hopefully that one will help me with my back. I will post on the site when I know what is going on with the doctors. Thanks again.

Take care,
  • he.s not saying wot experience he has ! :))( ...........sory norty sence of humor i have ! 8}
  • Feel free to email me or PM anytime...........