Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

one year visit to surgeon for check up

tammycttammyc Posts: 894
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I went back to my surgeon yesterday for my one year check up.He checked my ability to balance myself and walk and told me that it was coming along,not the best yet but much better then before surgery.I let him know that i was having trouble walking straight when i walk down the street and he told me that he thinks because of the car accident that i have regressed back to the way i was walking before the surgery but over the next year as i heal from the accident i should be able to get that back again because after the surgery with therapy i was walking straight.He looked at my mri and x-rays that i had done yesterday before i saw him and he said that they both looked great.He said that my neck was healing very nice.He told me that with the implants and hardware that my neck was very stable and would continue to heal over the next year.When i had my surgery done he had said at the time that 18mths is usually the cut off as too seeing good improvements but because he thinks the car accident i was in had a profound affect to my body he's giving me an extra six months to see improvements.He said after the next year whatever problems i'm left with is what it's going to be.My walking and balance was definitely better after my surgery and i'm sure with constant work i can get that back again.He asked me about the whiplash,how i was feeling with it and where i was hurting,seemed quite interested.I told him that my neck,back,hips and down my legs were still very painful and stiff.He told me that soft tissue injury like that can take up to two years to fully heal,which coincides with what i was told by my massage therapist as well.I explained to him about the dizzy spells that i've been having for a while now and he said that it was likely do to the car accident,and for me to go back to my doctor and have her check out my ears.He said that if it is an ear problem that there are therapies that can help with it.He said that he's discharging me from his care.Sorry this is so long just wanted to try and get everything in. :)