Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Any Suggestions Anyone PLEASE

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,622
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:30 AM in Lower Back Pain

I am new here. I have Fibromyalgia which I have had for many years and have a good handle on managing it. However, in addition I have constant severe back pain with buldging discs, OA, multilevel degenerative discs, narrowing of foraminal and disc space per MRI. I have seen EVERYONE it seems. The back pain sends severe pain down my legs and I already have bad knees so this compounds my problems. The neurosurgeon states there is no surgery that would help me. The ortho doc says the same and the rhematologist can only treat the arthritis with meds. Even vicoden is not helping anymore. I've had PT, injections, tens unit, etc etc. I'm at a low point not knowing where to turn. Has anyone ever heard of the Laser Spine Institute in Tampa Florida????? They all want me to go back to the pain clinic for nerve blocks but I'm very hesitant to do that because I get more side effects from things than others due to my Fibro. Anyone have any suggestions from experience??? Any pain meds been more successful for you than vicoden or percocet??? Thanks
advertisement

Comments

• Hi Donna,

Sorry to hear about your pain and your frustration while no treatment option seems to work for you. Although usually not to that extent, this is a feeling common to many people who suffer back related pains. According to statistics, the cause for more than 70% of back pains is not revealed and those people are diagnosed as suffering from non-specific back pain. Naturally I can not and would not diagnose your pain through this medium; however, according to what you wrote it is likely to suite your case as well. Although you have tried "everything" already, you might want to give it a try on a very simple routine of core muscles strengthening exercises such taught in Pilates classes or by PT. Similar exercises are shown in the Back2Yourself.com website. The important thing is that while your body gets stronger, you also take control over your treatment and manage it yourself. It is also important to include relaxation sessions at the end. A 20 minutes daily routine might get you feel much better (and also get stronger and look better :). Please consult your physician before start exercising.

===========================================================
    The writer is part of the Back2Yourself.com team, providing video instructed exercise programs, progress tracking tool and professional support through the internet
  • I also have arthritis of the facet joints as well as DDD. I have found that rhizotomies (nerve burn) work fairly well for the artritis pain. I am also on a fairly low dose of methadone which is very inexpensive and has worked very well for me. The long acting opiates do not damage your organs with long term use like some of the fast acting pain meds will. Also, you only need to take the long acting meds once or twice a day for extended relief. Good luck and please keep us posted.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 10,060
    This one is closed, so that all future posts should be made to the original post in Lower Back Pain
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
This discussion has been closed.