Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

procedural backfire-pain

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in Spinal Injections
I just got out of the hospital. I was in for pain management after a myelogram. The neurosurgeon said that they probably niched me with the needle. I have never ever felt such pain in a buttocks or leg. The only thing that would touch the pain was dilaudid. I have several areas that are fused with hardware, and this was a study to find if I needed a C spine surgery. I was scared stupid. The doctors seemed the same way, as if they just didnt know what to tell me in regards to what was wrong at first, and IF I was going to get better. Im one week after the procedure, and still with pain and major burning in my buttocks and leg. We seem to be warned about the 'headache' which might happen, which I have had.....but this was never told to me, explained to me. Im thankful that they didnt have to install a morphine pump. Where does one go to get a good pain management doctor? This has really thrown me over the edge. I thought I had my spine issues under control. Now this. Anyone out there had this problem??