Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Newbe here but not to pain

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in Chronic Pain
My name is Jon Klingenfus Im 38 and have been suffering from back related injury and surgery failure for over 19yrs,I currently take morphine 10 times a day,and have been told that im classified as failed back "syndrome"post.When i show my MRI to DR. not associated with my care they see heavy internal scarring caused by the lazer used in the procedure,it is spiderwebbed its way near and on my nerve endings in the l5 s1 region ,i need to know there's hope out there!!!Is there any proven treatment or procedure that can remove this scar tissue permenantly?everybody is in the same mind that injections of steriods is the way to go ,But I really have to say that this scares the hell out of me!!!Ive lost over 55lbs this year due to the morphine diet,and the last time i went into a pain clinic at the hospital i saw patients i recognised as fellow back sufferers from years past and they were all fraile and thin and 38.I ran(hobbled)out of there .If i could remedie this i think my pain issues would dissapeare overnight and i could go back to work for the first time in 10 yrs.
I used to own a successful and growing airport shuttle service,the hrs were long but the pay out in the end was very good.Now i live on what i used to make in a week-less tips,I now compare my big time dissability pay against my nephues MC job-he's winning.well there's the tip of the ice berg.I look forward to your comments JK

• That's rough you've had pain for so long. I've had 5 epidurals over the past 14 months and the 5th one seemed to really help my leg tingling and foot pain. It's still sore to walk on and the epis never helped the back pain but facet joint injections helped so my back doesn't lock up. I hear water walking is therapeutic but haven't tried it yet myself as there's no pool around me. Other than trying the injections I don't know what else would help except massage, or myofascial release but ask your Dr. first. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I want to welcome you. I am sorry that you have had it so rough for so long. I dont know what I can contribute to your quest, only never give up. I went to 7 different Drs before I found one that could find the root of my pain. It took 2 years and I thought I was going crazy cause no one could find it. I say keep searching for a Dr that can give you some kind of alternative. Also keep asking here, cause it is a great place to find people that may have had the same problem and might have a way to point you in the right direction. Good Luck and agai Welcome.
This discussion has been closed.