Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Goal: cope better

ComplicatedCComplicated Posts: 16
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in Chronic Pain
Good morning. I'm not real sure what to say or ask. I suppose the most significant benefit I see to being part of this site's forum is to feel 'not alone'. It's been since early adolscence that I've been battling pain; I'm now 40. I feel as though I've tried everything and, while some things provide temporary reduction, nothing has ever allowed me even one minute of zero pain. So, I'm tired...very tired. There have been so many diagnosis over the years I've lost count; half of them I can't spell or pronounce anyway. Scoliosis S, 11 spurred vertebraes, 14 bulging or herniated discs, nothing is where it's supposed to be, deformity, limited range of motion, damage to the lower nerve root, upper and lower cervical disc and nerve issues, blah, blah. The bottom line and my primary goal to being here is that the "un-pained" people in my life don't, and in their defense, simply cannot understand and the frustration of the lack of connection is probably the most challenging piece to my coping. Grinning and bearing it has made me beyond weary. Does anyone out there relate?

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,833

For a Spine-Health Site introduction, Click on :

Welcome To Spine-Health

If you have any questions, feel free to contact (PM) any one of the Moderators here Priestess , Bruce , Paulgla, DiLauro

The Spine-Health Web site offers so much more than these Member Forums.
    Check the various tabs at the top of the Spine-Health page and you will find so much that is offered here.

Please remember that all information you receive from members on this forum is NOT
    formal medical advise. You should always consult with your doctors.

To get back to the Forums, you can always click on Forum Home

Please feel free to contact me at rdilauro@gmail.com or send me a message
    What you posted and describe is almost like a blanket statement that so many people here can understand. We've been there, done it, etc.
    Sometimes one of the most difficult things about living in chronic pain is how to interact with others. Not the social aspect, but the medical piece. Almost everyone understands acute pain. You bang your thumb with a hammer and it HURTS. Everybody understands that. Now try to explain to someone or have them envision what its like to have that hammer bang your thumb every single day! That sort of changes to idea about pain.
    Still some people unless they have walked in your shoes will never understand. Its easier to deal with this with friends, but when its in your own family, then it becomes a difficult piece to deal with.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • in one form or another, some like papaRon have been at this for a very, very, very, very, LOOOOooooooooooooooggggggg time.

Some of us only weeks, years, time tends to distort once you get in chronic pain land. Days,minutes last forever, yet years pass quickly. You hurt forever, and time is instantly gone.

It is indeed very screwed up and a lot of people just have to wrestle with everyone and everything in their lives to try and get "ok". Good is a rare option. We just do our best.

It is not uncommon for us to not have someone who understands to talk to. Until you get here you don't really get it. Like Ron said, this is a different world. A smashed finger, a broken toe, all heal and are forgotten.
    We don't get that luxury!

Welcome, please stay and say what is on your mind. Someone here has been there, done that.

• Ron and Wrambler....No one could have said it better. I always look forward to reading your posts because I know I am going to get good advice and words of wisdom.
    Complicated....We all understand your flustration. No one really understands chronic pain unless they have been through it themselves. Everyone seems to think all you have to do is take a pill and you will be fine. Nothing could be farther from the truth. The pain is always thare grinding away at you.
    All we can do is cope the best way we can. This site has been a great help to me....now I do not feel so alone as I did and I have recieved some very good advice from others who are going through the same thing.
    I have rods at L4 & L5 now the scar tissue is causing me great pain in my feet and legs. Walking is like walking on sharp stones.
    Best of luck to you. Never forget we are all here, you are not alone.
    Hugsssssssssss >:D<
    Patsy W
This discussion has been closed.