Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Finally Home!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,622
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:30 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Just wanted to let everyone know I'm home and doing better. There are still a few problems to work out, but things seem to be going ok :S
I am on Neurontin, Valium, Dilaudid, and Bactrim.
Can't sit for too long, but I wanted to post, and let everyone know how much all the prayers and thoughts have helped. It is a huge relief to know there are ohers who uunderstand.
I've wound up having 3 surgeries in the past 3 weeks, so I am definitely wore out. (|:
Thank you to everyone for all the suppport!!!!!! :D
advertisement

Comments

• Take care of yourself and come back with your success story in a few years! ;)

Hope you can get some rest.
  • Good to hear you are at home Kim, and hopefully on the way to recovery. I had the same level fused exactly a year ago yesterday (with posterior approach) and you have no idea how much better I am than I was a year ago. I am almost 100% better, so you see, there is hope for you too. Just be very careful what you do and how you do it. At first sitting is quite challenging, for a while I was only allowed to sit for 25-25 minutes at the time, than I had to get up and walk around. I had an egg-timer with me all the time, because as I was feeling better, I forgot to get up, especially if I was working at my computer. By the way, at first the only comfortable chair I had was my computer chair.

Wishing you the best for your recovery,

Kin
  • Thank you for the kind words. Everything said is a big help. I am so glad ther are people like yopu out there to help when it is needed >:D< O:) B) =D>
  • Hi Kim

Good that you're home now and starting to feel a bit better. I haven't had that many spinal surgeries in such a short time, so can't begin to know how you've been feeling. Like so many here say - one day at a time.

Take care.

regards
    Trish

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008
  • That sounds like a rough ordeal you went through. It's great you're back home. I hope you now are starting to recover. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • LizLiz Posts: 7,910
    Hi

I am glad to see you are home, sorry to hear you have had such a rough time with surgeries, it is a lot for you to endure in such a short time.

Wishing you a speedy recovery

Liz tc

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • Hope everything goes good from here on out....take it slow(I have trouble doing that),but I know it's a must do.I had a Plif about 3 weeks ago L2-L3.I still feel like I was hit by a truck. Take Care Sagehen
  • Kim -

I hope your recovery from here on out is normal and successful. Take care of yourself and let the healing begin.

Terri
advertisement