Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

scheduled for cervical corpectomy can anyone answer my questions

jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
im new to this site and hope someone can give me some feed-back.im a 46 year old female getting ready to go under my fourth neck surgery.im scheduled for c5-c6 corpectomy with refusion of c4,5.6,and 7 with application of cage and plate with removal of old plate and screws due to broken hardware which in turn caused fusion to fail. the incision will be vertical from the anterior(hopefully)the surgeon states he may not be able to do what needs done from front but will attempt anterior before commiting to postier.has anyone else gone through this? any feedback would help

• I had the same surgery Feb 07, mine was done from failed fusion and was done posterior. I will tell you that it was much worse than my first surgery that was done anterior. I had a lot of nerve pain and narcotics did not help that at all. Finally I was put on Lyrica and it helped the most. It took me a long time to recup, in fact it has been 2 years and I am finally feeling much better. I take neurontin, insurance stopped covering my Lyrica. I am fused finally and hope that this is the end of it. I seen my surgeon about 2 weeks ago and he told me everything looks good but as far as pain I will always have some degree of pain due to the hardware in my neck. Hopefully yours can be done anterior. I want to wish you luck and feel free to pm me anytime.