Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi Everyone!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi Everyone,

My name is Debbie and I live in Ohio. I just discovered this site and have read through some of your posts. I can relate to most, if not all of them. I welcome being able to talk to people that can understand what I have gone through and still going through. I have had 5 back surgeries(at Cleveland Clinic)and have Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, and DDD. I have had lower back fusion (L-2,L-3,L-4,L-5,S-1).I feel like I am my own "Hardware" store!I was put on Disability 2 years ago at the age of 42. It's been a rough time to go, but somehow you learn how to cope with it. I get my strength from my husband and children( and grandchildren)!
I hope I can meet some new friends on hear that I can talk to that can understand and hopefully for me to help others also.
I am really glad I found this forum! :H

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i suffer from some of the same problems you have, DDD and arthritis!! ~X( i do know how painful they can be!! have you tried Lyrica for your Fibro? :? i use it for my sciatica and it works wonders!! <:P talk to your doctor about it! :-C good luck as you move through life!! having a family behind you is so important! :X :D stop by anytime. Jenny :)
  • Nice to meet you and it's great you have a family that supports you. We're here for you if you need support. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Hi Jenny! Thank you for responding to my post. Yes, I have tried Lyrica. My Rheumatologist put me on it about a year ago. It helped alot in the beginning, but after a while I started having some diffacult side effects with it. I had alot of swelling in my joints(more than the usual)and it started upseting my stomach.It seemed to loose it's effectiveness. I now take Relafen 4 times a day in place of Lyrica. So far so good =D> !
    I actually have an appt with the doc tomm that I have to cancel because my husband broke his leg on Friday! :''( He never gets sick, but seems to end up in the ER alot! He's a trooper though. It will drive him nuts sitting around waiting for it to heal.
    Talk again soon!!! Thanks for the advice with the Lyrica!
  • Thank You, Charry!! You take care as well.