Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test


patricatsfrm2ppatricatsfrm2 Posts: 10
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in Spinal Injections
hi I hope I am posting here correctly??
I've been a member for abt a week and have been doing alot of reading on all the posts concerning pain, particularly lower back and legs....(degenerative disk disease with sciatica and fibromyalgia)
I have had cortisone to the hips in March with marginal relief, and was booked for the medial block but after reading from these posts I decided to cancel apt. at least for now until I can learn all I should know....I have alot of pain but with the new rx for oxy. and percocet for breakthrough pain its abt. 50% ?? controlled and I am so unsure abt. going ahead with this procedure and making things worse...so I'm going to wait and read and think....I believe before trying something like this shouldn't we be at wits end first???
Anyway everyone just wanted to say how helpful it is to know there are others out there who suffer the same pain and who go thr the same procedures, its so good to hear the good and bad reports from real people who have experienced all and not just the doctors...
so thanks again, keep posting all your outcomes and your thoughts on if the recommended procedures are all worth the pain??


  • I too have similar problems. I have DDD with sciatica and bursitis. I had a diagnostic facet block which was successful (no steroids injected). So I then went ahead with a Facet Medial Branch Radiofreqency with absolutely no relief. Then after that I had x3 ESI's of the facets and right hip bursa in 2007 which was successful for decreasing my back and leg pain for about 4 months. In 2008 I went through this again x3 but this time it only gave me relief for less than a month. I then had a Transforaminal ESI that did relieve 100% leg pain and 80% back pain (no relief in my heels) but this only lasted for 3 weeks. Also the Transforaminal injection relieved almost all of my pain in my right hip/thigh which I didn't even get these great of results from the bursa injections. I have always had S1 pain regardless of the type of injections, even having the SI injections themselves. My drs are still trying to figure out how to help me because nothing has been helping me, and I know have severe leg and foot pain. The only other option my pain Dr proposed is a Dorsal Root Ganglia block since the transformainal worked for a short period, but this comes with a 10-20% success rate and may only last a few months. I still haven't decided to do this, one reason being these injections are so painful and in over two years have not had anything work for very long, I am very apprehensive.
    For your question of making things worse I was not told that and for myself it did help even if it didn't last. I know for some others it lasts a lot longer.
    Good luck

  • OMG Kris, its been a whole year since you replied to my message, I am so sorry. I was only on this forum for a short while than hadn't returned until now and didn't receive any notification of your reply...
    How are you doing? did you go ahead with the Dorset Root block? I've never heard of this one.
    I declined all the medial branch blocks and more cortisone, the more I read the more I decided I can live with the pain I have now and didn't want to risk making anything worse until it gets to the point where I'll try anything for relief.
    let me know how everything worked out for you, I promise I won't be a year answering this time...
Sign In or Register to comment.