Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

had my permanent SCS implant-Q's

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I had my permanent SCS implant last Wednesday. I wasn't completely out for the last part of the surgery. it was way more painful than I anticipated.

the recovery has been difficult. lots of incisional pain. it's been very hard to sleep. I got dilaudid because the percocet wasn't even touching the pain. I get this thing turned on Tuesday. I'm very excited about that.

I'm wondering if this is supposed to be this painful. funny, the video said, "you might experience some discomfort at the site of the incision for several days". good one. should've said, "you will hurt like hell for several days!"

anyway... I know we're all different. just wondering if anyone else felt a very high level of pain (8 at times even on dilaudid) at the 2 incisions. my husband is tempted to pull back the tape and look at it to make sure it doesn't look infected.

thanks for any input.

• my husband peeled back the dressing. holy cow! I thought it would be a 2 inch incision. it's at least 3.5. 12 or so staples. no wonder it hurts. but it doesn't look infected so that is awesome. it will match nicely with my 5 inch incision from the fusion! thank God for tankinis! :)
  • You are having more pain than many do, but those with paddle leads do experience more. Still it should be under control within just a short period of time and then the staples will start to drive you nuts. The average incision is about 3 inches or so, so that's very common. Glad that you get it turned on Tuesday, you'll be much more comfortable once that happens.

• j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
    Yes, I would say they understated the pain to the point of telling a lie. And how long it would last.
    Good luck, Jim
    P.S. Thats just my own oppinion
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!