Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Neurostimulation/SCS Blog ( Failed Back Surgery Syndrom & nerve pain)

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
Hi everyone:

I am a 29 year old woman with severe chronic back and leg pain (have had it since I was 16). In January, I had a spinal cord stimulator implanted to help with the nerve pain..especially in my legs.

I started a blog to document my experience with the whole thing..and I wanted to share that blog with anyone who may be considering nerve stimulation for back and leg pain. I found that there wasn't a whole lot of information from the patient's perspective in regard to neurostimulation and felt that there was a real need for something like this.

I also talk about my day to day life with chronic back and leg pain...

• Was wondering where you disappeared to.

• I'm back! I couldn't remember my username and password (which is so me) but finally got around to emailing to get it back. Now, I've written it down and will be checking in more often. ;)

How are you??

• Danimal,

I just wanted to thank you so much for your delightful blog! Your sense of humor and honesty are absolutely amazing. You have also provided an incredible amount of extremely useful information.

While I'm not at the point of a stimulator yet (just starting injections soon), I can totally relate to your nerve pain and its symptoms.

I am looking forward to reading more of your posts!

Thanks again,

• Alive and kicking, so I can't complain!
  • I just saw this now..thank you so much for your support and nice comments about my blog. It means a lot to me!

Did you already have the injections? What type of injections? facet injections?? I so hope they help you....!!!

• I second what Karen wrote. I just found your blog and while I haven't read all of it yet, I did read quite a bit. It is very informative and I enjoy your writing style.

Are you able to work at all now? It's a shame to not use your legal training in some capacity.

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful account of your experiences. I enjoy the photography too.

Hope you are starting to feel well.

Cheers ~

xx Gwennie
  • I am looking into SCS and was wondering if anyone could talk about their experience?
  • Hello and welcome to SH...where can I find your blog....??
  • I have one implanted. Had it done in Feb. of 2009. I tried pt, pain meds, ice and heat, injections, and still had unmanageable tailbone and leg pain from a tethered spinal cord, scar tissue from neurosurgeries and a shifted vertebrae. I had the trial implant and then four days later, they did the final stage of the surgery. It has definitely been helpful for me. It didn't take my pain away, but it made it tolerable with less pain meds. You do have to be committed to six weeks of not reaching above your head or bending or twisting while the wires anchor in with scar tissue. I would be glad to talk with you more. I remember having tons of questions!
  • I have suffered from leg and feet pain for over 2 years with no dx or help from pain medication. I have had the trail neurostimulator and it was a success. Had no burning in my feet and some of the pain was gone. I am scheduled to have the permanent implant next month but I am worried that the permanent implant will be painful to have the machine with the pocket in my hip. Is it irritating? Has anyone had any trouble with that? How painful was that after surgery? What was recovering like after surgery? I am just worried am I trading one pain for another? Did not realize the machine to be implanted was that big until today. Someone please put my mind at ease! Was looking so forward to having surgery scheduled so I would not be in so much pain until today when I actually seen machine that would be implanted.

Need some reassurance.

Ball Mom
  • i'm considering scs too...is it really helping?? how long recovery?? will they take me off my pain meds???