Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Got "Limitations" Testing this Week

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
Anyone here go through one of the four hour testings to see what your limitations are? I'm assuming this is for long ter disability as it is for me and sounds like it's pretty standard.

Would love to hear experiences? I'm thinking of not taking pain meds that day to get an accurate account of what my limitations are without meds as I don't want to be "judged" as able to work, when it's on pain meds only.

Also I understand most insurances don't pay for this so I'm getting ready for a "chunk of change" that I'm going to have to ask for a payment plan for...

Any experiences? Mine will be with an OT professional.

• I haven't gotten this far yet. I'm starting to look into SSD since I'm pretty sure my surgery in January didn't work. I'll know more this week. If I'm right then surgery will need to be done again. Recovery, if this works, will be more than a year away.

I would call my insurance company ahead of time to see if they are going to cover it. Not taking meds would definitely give them an idea of what your condition is like without meds. I think my big fear would also be how long it would take to recover from the pain.

Good luck to you.
  • Sorry your surgery didn't work. I had pain enough to take opiates for a year and a half after my last fusion 7 years ago. I was diagnosed with arachnoiditis at that point but it did eventually go away. This is the "limbo" period that I hate...the surgeon wants you fixed or he doesn't know what to do and doesn't want to see you, hands you off to a pain clinic for a wait and see.

I did do a search last night and found some information. The one thing I found that contradicts what I've been told is that I have to pay for this evaluation, LTD won't and neither will my main insurance which I think is bull. To me, this will be the best evaluation of what is affected by my pain and could be very enlightening on a course to follow, either in continued recovery or if I need something else.

For those that have LTD coverage, once you are approved for SSD, is it over? My coverage is until I'm 65, and I'm 48 now. Will I have to go through continous "battles" to keep my SSD?
  • yea dont meds a few days before....